PA Consulting are working on some of the most exciting Digital projects in Europe, and we need an accomplished Agile Team Lead to optimise teams and deliver the best quality software for our clients.
Agile Team Lead
PA Consulting are an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Duties & Responsibilities
Ceremonies isn’t even a tenth of it! You are the day-to-day leader of the efforts of your team. You’ll help represent the team’s efforts out to stakeholders, and put appropriate process and facilitation in place inwardly, to meet on your project commitments. Planning, leading, organizing and motivating teams are your bread and butter. Your goal is high team performance and service delivery that likely exceeds expectations.
- We’re looking for an Agile Team Lead with a strong head for planning and motivating teams.
- You’re experienced in delivering software solutions, along with managing one or more development teams.
- You have pragmatic experience of agile. You’ve built up your own toolkit of things that have worked for you, and the things that haven’t. You have a dynamic and adaptable style, knowing the things that need to be in place from a process perspective in differing situations.
- You facilitate the development teams, playing the role of servant leader, removing any blockers and managing stakeholders to free up the team to focus on delivering functioning code.
- A technical background isn’t essential, but you do need to be comfortable with the development process, ensuring that performant quality code is delivered with an acceptable level of assurance.
- You’re a strong communicator, capable of dealing with a variety of stakeholders at different levels of influence and interest, adapting style appropriately.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and responsibility for your delivery.
- You have experience of project crisis management, capable of realigning efforts when things go off plan, and managing expectations when this inevitably happens.
- Your focus is on delivery, but you understand the commercial considerations affecting projects.
- You lead by coaching, facilitating and empowering the team, not by micro-management.
- You’re comfortable being a manager providing career guidance, setting objectives and performance managing your colleagues. You can have a crucial conversation and give constructive feedback.
Education and Qualifications
- We value experience, attitude and aptitude over qualification, but typically we see successful candidates in the role who have:
- A recognised agile certification
- A recognised project management or scrum master certification
- An honours degree in a STEM subject
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Click here to view full job description
To apply, please forward your CV via the APPLY button below.
Closing date: Friday 6th September 2019