Excellent opportunity for an Administrative Assistant based in Belfast.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (Job Share)
Council: The General Secretary’s Department
Salary Scale: A3 £17,345 – £20,056 per annum, pro rata (£10.26 to £11.87 per hour)
Hours: 13 or 16.25 hours (negotiable) per week worked over Monday – Wednesday
Responsible to: The Personal Assistant to the Clerk of Assembly and General Secretary
Main function of job:
To be an active member of the General Assembly’s staff team, contributing to the effective administration of its functions.
To provide administrative support to the Clerk, Deputy Clerk, executive staff and Conveners for the delivery of the agreed work programme for the Councils and Commissions supported by the General Secretary’s Department, in a manner in keeping with the Christian ethos of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To carry out the full range of administrative and secretarial duties, including practical support as required, for those committees, meetings, conferences and events as designated by the Office Supervisor.
- To generally support the Clerk’s Personal Assistant and Office Supervisor across the range of his/her duties, including providing first point of contact cover during absences as required
- To take the lead role and responsibility in the administration and updating of the PCI Database, including liaison with the Nominations Committee, Presbytery Clerks, all PCI Departments and Congregations and the Charity Commission (NI) in relation to Charity Trustee details for the General Assembly.
- To provide an efficient administrative service as required.
- To oversee the receipt, distribution and recording of incoming mail and the dispatch of outgoing mail.
- To process the receipt of monies from and responses to donors.
- To provide a first point of telephone contact and reception for callers and visitors to the General Secretary’s Department and to deal with all e-mails received at the main PCI ‘info@’ e-mail address.
- To maintain stock and order office supplies.
- To share in providing hospitality for visitors, meetings and events when required.
- To undertake such training as may be required for the efficient performance of the above duties.
- To contribute to the overall organisational effectiveness and to perform any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Clerk in line with the requirements of the General Assembly.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (grades A-C) including English Language or equivalent qualifications
- OCR Stage II in Word Processing or equivalent in competence or qualifications
- Experience in a secretarial role and general office duties of at least 2 years
- Experience in using Microsoft Word and Outlook, and the ability to maintain a database
Please click here to view full Personnel Specification
Please click here to view full Recruitment of Ex Offenders information
All applicants must be willing to work within the Christian ethos of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland.
Closing date for this role is 1.00 p.m. on Tuesday 27 August 2019.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER