Excellent opportunity for an Administrative Assistant based in Derry/L’Derry
POST: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO:Chair of Western Federation
The position will be that of Administrative Assistant to the Western Federation Support Unit (FSU). Each Federation is organised on the basis of a not for profit community interest company limited by guarantee.
The duties of the FSU Administrative Assistant will evolve over time (as these are new bodies) with delegated powers from the relevant constituent members. The FSU Administrative Assistant will be primarily responsible for high quality routine administrative and financial support to more senior staff. The postholder will provide daily support to the Federations Professional Leads, the Operations Manager and work within the wider Western FSU team.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Derry Federation Professional Leads
- Western Operations Manager
- Western Federation Chair
- Chair of Derry Federation
- Chair of South West Federation
- Federations’ Accountants/payroll provider
- HSCB Integrated Care
- Financial and Legal external advisors to the Federation group
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide high quality routine administrative support ensuring the effective operation of systems and procedures including the maintenance of all files and correspondence as necessar
- Manage the diary and set up meetings on behalf of the Mental Health Lead / Western FSU
- To act as the first point of contact in respect of telephone enquiries and provide advice where appropriate
- Provide general office/Secretarial duties when required, including typing, answering the telephone, photocopying, filing and other duties
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Effectively prepare reports, documents and proposals for senior staff within the FSU as well as supplying advice and assistance as required
- Assist with project work as required including, booking of patient clinics where necessary
- Service FSU meetings; including scheduling meeting rooms, assisting with the provision of refreshments for internal meetings & the provision of agendas and papers, taking minutes and preparing associated documentation.
- Continually seek to improve the service delivered within the FSU by committing to attend personal development training, demonstrating a team work ethic and embracing change
- Arrange regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices
- Responsible for the upkeep of the Fire and Safety Maintenance LogBook
- Maintain the condition of the office and office equipment and arrange for necessary repairs
- Maintain local databases of relevant information.
- Check that data protection laws are being adhered to in relation to the storage of data, and review and update policies
- Assist the FSU in the implementation of GDPR
- Provide high level service to all stakeholders
- Assist in the administration and implementation of administrative and financial systems within the FSU
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reduction
All duties must be carried out in compliance with Health and Safety Policy and statutory regulations. The post requires frequent VDU use of up to 3 to 4 hours at a time.
Please click here to view full Applicant Information
Wednesday 21st August 2019 at 5pm