Excellent opportunity for a HR Advisor based in Cookstown.
McAleer & Rushe, established in 1967, is a leading privately-owned Design and Build Construction Company. Working throughout the UK and Ireland, specialising in substantial mixed-use City centre regeneration projects, we have completed over 20,000 hotel rooms, 2 million sq ft of offices, 10,000 residential units and are on target to complete 7,500 purpose built student beds by 2019.
Due to recent project success and continued growth, we currently have a permanent opportunity available for the following: HR Advisor
Our HR team provides an effective and efficient HR advisory service to all employees of McAleer and Rushe. Reporting directly to the HR Manager, as the HR Advisor you will work closely with management teams providing a comprehensive service on all HR matters.
- Advise and educate managers on all aspects of employee relations, both informal and formal levels ensuring consistent approach across all functions;
- Advise and assist with disciplinary/ grievance meetings producing all paperwork required;
- Continual Improvement with the Management Team, on a performance and development appraisal system for all employees
- Assisting Senior Management Team, plan and recruit in the most cost-effective manner to meet time objectives agreed;
- Update company handbook, regularly reviewing all policies and procedures to ensure these are in line with legislation;
- Develop and implement a companywide absence management system to monitor planned and unplanned absences including holiday entitlement;
- Ensure employee records are maintained correctly and in line with data protection requirements
- Ensure payroll are informed on a weekly basis of any new starts, leavers, absences (planned and unplanned), salary changes etc;
- Take responsibility for all company benefits including the administration and renewal
- Responsible for the accuracy of information supplied to Government, the company auditors or HMRC in relation to employees or ex-employees;
- Protect the business from exposure to legal action by ensuring that policies and procedures are maintained in line with current legislation, seeking advice in a timely and appropriate manner where required from external legal advisors;
- Support line managers to manage their teams effectively, providing HR advice where relevant and encourage them to take responsibility for dealing with day to day matters such as performance management and welfare;
- Produce reports as required from the HR and Payroll system;
- Undertaking ad – hoc project work as and when required.
Education / Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experienece working in a HR discipline;
- Degree in HR with 3 years’ experience or relevant discipline is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience gained with the construction sector would be preferred Strong HR generalist with experience of employee relations issues
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills at all levels working to deadlines individually and as part of a team;
- Well organised and having the ability to multitask using initiative at all times.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment, hard-work, enthusiasm and flexibility.
- Previous payroll experience desirable
- Good excel skills and attention to detail
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
To apply for this role please forward your CV via the APPLY button below.
**Closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 22nd July 2019**
McAleer & Rushe is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.