In this role, you’ll manage the Belfast-based engineering team, collaborate with local and remote product managers, support the company’s product vision, and maintain compliance with quality standards.
Anomali is looking for a Vice President (VP) of Engineering for its Belfast (Northern Ireland) engineering team. This position reports into the CTO (based in the USA). The engineering team’s mission is to build innovative, market-defining products and help the business grow and scale.
In this role, you’ll manage the Belfast-based engineering team, collaborate with local and remote product managers, support the company’s product vision, and maintain compliance with quality standards. You will be responsible for ensuring that all products meet the specified design requirements and deliver a consistent experience for users.
The focus areas for this position include software development, defining key metrics for measuring engineering efforts towards product and quality goals, aligning resources towards business priorities, and ensuring engineering execution is in line with the company’s global product roadmap. The criteria for success for this role include on-time product delivery, system uptime, software resilience, and innovative and pragmatic problem solving.
Responsibilities and Expertise
· Build, develop, and manage a team that focuses on initiatives and delivers with velocity and quality
· Define, measure, and report metrics for engineering efforts towards product goals and align resources towards business priorities
· Understand and collaborate on complete product lifecycle, from concept to execution
· Develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure quality standards are met and maintained
· Communicate status, risks, and offer mitigation strategies to ensure on-time delivery of all committed projects
· Work with executive teams, creating the engineering strategy, product planning, and overseeing quality assurance
· BS/MS in Engineering, Technical, or Scientific field, or equivalent experience
· 15+ years of experience building out cloud/on-premise applications
· Extensive SaaS and distributed systems engineering experience
· Experience leading large enterprise software engineering/product development organizations
· Extensive expertise in the areas of tooling, specifications, product maintenance, budgeting and software products
· Experience developing and implementing effective metrics to measure product delivery success
· Experience developing security-oriented software is desirable
· Ability to recruit top technical and operational talent for the team
· Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, creating commitment and a drive for success within the teams
· Competitive salary
· Private Healthcare Plan
· Dental Plan
· Optical Plan
· Paid Public Holidays
· Accrued Paid Time Off – 25 days
· Quarterly event with your Geographic Team
Equal Opportunities Monitoring
· It is our policy to ensure that all eligible persons have equal opportunity for employment and advancement on the basis of their ability, qualifications and aptitude. We select those suitable for appointment solely on the basis of merit without regard to an individual’s disability, race, religion, sex, age or sexual orientation. Monitoring is carried out to ensure that our equal opportunity policy is effectively implemented.
· If you are interested in applying for employment with Anomali and need special assistance or accommodation to apply for a posted position Click the Apply button below!