Reporting to the Despatch Front Line Manager, you will provide a professional, safe and efficient service to ensure correct receipt, handling and distribution of daily sales orders to meet all customer requirements on time and in full.
Despatch Safety & Performance
- Demonstrate the ‘Safety First’ approach at all times. Being proactive with hazard reporting, working with despatch coordinators and FLM’s to target Zero Harm.
- Follow instructions, training, procedures and guidelines as set out by the site/department.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach when moving between the various tasks within the despatch operation, including order picking, decanting, loading, unloading and product control; being open and willing to learn and develop new skills.
- Achieve the performance targets set; measured by the WMS and other supporting systems and measures.
- Drive their personal development, ensuring their knowledge and skills are utilised and developed, demonstrating a positive can-do attitude to their work, reflecting the Company’s Values at all times.
- Actively contribute to site standards and respective internal and external audits. Ensuring a clean as you go approach at all times.
- Build and develop effective relationships with other teams on site to ensure cross functional working and the optimal performance of the function is achieved.
- Previous experience in warehousing & distribution environment preferable
- External FLT licenses are desirable.
- PC literate, including a working ability with Warehouse Management Systems.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Good Interpersonal skills and a real team player.
- Presents themselves in a professional manner; including smart appearance, good time keeping, organised, good communication skills.
- Conscientious and flexible in their approach to work.
- A strong customer and quality focus
- Previous experience in a despatch or stores role or similar environment (preferably FMCG)
- PC Literate
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Willing to work shifts
- Experience of using a computerized warehouse system
- Current counterbalance forklift licence