The Software Engineer is responsible for the design and development of the Cayan Payment Processing Gateway and other server-side products.
The Software Engineer is responsible for the design and development of the Cayan Payment Processing Gateway and other server-side products. As a Software Engineer you will develop primarily on C# on the .Net platform and are responsible for utilizing a variety of transport and wire protocols to integrate capabilities to our payment partner’s systems.
- Design and develop server-side products in an Enterprise environment using C#, database technologies and web technologies
- Accomplish performance optimization in a product environment
- Complete technical tasks related to feature development and bug fixes
- Use transport and application protocols to integrate capabilities within the underlying technical environment and across payment partner systems
- Demonstrate functional comprehension of software design principles, including coupling/cohesion, decomposition/modularity,encapsulation/information hiding, and separation of interface and implementation
- Efficiently generate ideas and high-quality technical solutions, including detailed analysis of idea impact assessment and ultimate selection of the most appropriate solution
- Contribute to the development of useful, technically accurate deliverables generated in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot and fix defects
- Assist with software deployment activities to our production data centre
- Make process and procedural suggestions and remove obstacles
- Simplify and improve existing technical methodologies
- Adhere to and apply overarching internal practices and policies with respect to coding standards, unit testing, and status reports.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field or commercial experience in C#, Java or any other OO programming language
- Experience in server product development
- Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design and related areas
- Passion for and self-motivated interest in Software Development as a profession, not just a job
- Understanding of database design and programming
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, and able to work well under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Eligibility to work in the UK on a full time and permanent basis.
In addition to a very competitive salary we also provide an excellent benefits package including: free car parking, private medical care, health cash plan, contributory pension, life insurance, income protection and free subscription with Belfast Bikes.
You also get to work in an award winning office and enjoy 25 days annual leave + 10 public holidays in addition to many other little perks such as lunch every other Friday, fresh fruit and more.
To apply for this position please click here