Attractive Company Benefits
Reporting to the site Production Manager (Roto), the Shift Manager will have good interpersonal skills that can contribute, lead, and drive improvements in productivity levels throughout the plant
Based at Kingspan Water & Energy Ltd Head Office in Portadown, a full time, permanent opportunity has arisen for a Shift Manager for the rotomoulding production department.
This is a full-time, permanent role, reporting to the Production Manager.
- As the shift manager, responsibility of end to end operations on site.
- Ensure of all relevant Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement in the areas of Health & Safety, Quality and Environment.
- The day to day management and leadership of all production personnel to ensure the best and most efficient use of resources.
- Promote a company culture that encourages morale and performance.
- Ensuring all disciplinary rules and procedures are enforced consistently and administer disciplinary procedures when necessary
- Ensure operators carry out all necessary quality and safety checks
- Support, train and enforce the roll out of all new systems and procedures as they are introduced into the production department.
- Liaising with Planning, Maintenance and Quality departments to ensure products are produced on time, every time.
- Contribute to the effective running of the plant, and devise & implement solutions to problems.
- Ensure that all labour is utilised to provide maximum efficiency.
- Ensure manufacturing best practice is in place at all times, and contribute to all aspects of cost improvements / efficiencies within the production department.
- Ensure all materials and tools are available.
- Maintain records relating to absenteeism, timekeeping, overtime, holidays, etc.
- Prepare and send the daily production report.
- Ensure the integrity of the security of the site outside of normal office hours.
- To behave at all times in a courteous and professional manner.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks which may be deemed necessary by the Operations and Production Manager.
- Minimum of 6 passes at GCSE (or equivalent) A*-C including Maths and English
- Computer Literate in Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in a smiliar management role
- Strong eye for detail
- Highly motivated proactive leader
- Performance management – ensuring clear accountability and objectives for the team.
- An independent thinker, resourceful and demonstrates initiative
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to be flexible, prioritise and adapt to changing conditions
- Ability to manage and motivate a team of staff and implement relevant KPIs to meet challenging targets and deadlines
- Practical problem solving skills, including the ability to manage conflicting work demands and under pressure in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Act and lead with human sensitivity, people person interacting effectively to achieve results and integrity
- IOSH or other recognised H&S qualification
- Degree qualified in a science or engineering discipline
- Formal training in Management & Leadership
- Working experience in key processes within the rotomoulding facility
- Basic fault-finding skills on machinery
- Working experience of HR processes, such as grievance resolution, and the disciplinary process
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to manage complexity
We are an Equal Opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on grounds of religious belief or political opinion. We practice equality of opportunity in employment and select the best person for the job.