Peter Fitzpatrick Ltd is looking for a SHEQ Officer to promote and maintain an ethos of excellence in health, safety, environmental and quality management performance.
JOB TYPE: Permanent, full time
SALARY: Competitive Salary plus benefits (including 28 days’ holiday entitlement, pension)
LOCATION: The role will be based at our offices in Newry, however regular travel may be required throughout Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and UK
OVERVIEW: To promote and maintain an ethos of excellence in health, safety, environmental and quality management performance, to lead the continuous improvement of the Company’s performance in these areas, through all business activities and to ensure that the health, safety, environmental and quality aspects intrinsic to the activities of the Company and the quarrying and contracting operations undertaken are appreciated, understood and are suitability addressed.
MAIN FUNCTION OF THE ROLE:
- To promote the benefits that excellence in health, safety, environmental and quality management ultimately has for execution of quarrying and contracting operations, contractors and the success of the Company, through influence and/or education of Company Directors, employees and contractors.
- To develop, implement and lead initiatives and processes that will enable and drive the Company’s performance in the areas of health, safety, environmental and quality management to continuously improve, through all its business activities.
- To work with all the stakeholders of operations undertaken by the Company (the Directors, operations managers, other team members, customers, suppliers and contractors) to ensure that the intrinsic health, safety, environmental and quality aspects are appreciated, understood and are suitably addressed.
- To ensure that the Company’s management of health, safety, environment and quality is compliant with all relevant legislation, codes of practice and standards, for all jurisdictions within which the Company operates.
- To lead, co-ordinate and implement the development and sustainment of procedures and documentation required to manage the health, safety, environmental and quality aspects associated with all the Company’s business activities.
- To develop, co-ordinate and implement an internal audit programme of the Company’s Integrated Management System procedures.
- To ensure continued accreditation of and compliance with the Company’s ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and Safe T-Cert Systems.
- To promote the Company’s capabilities in health, safety, environmental and quality related activities to existing and potential customers with the objective of acquiring associated work for the Company.
- Be proactive in having dialogue with Company Directors, employees and contractors on the health, safety, environmental and quality aspects of engineering projects to be undertaken, in order to enhance appreciation and understanding of them and how addressing them suitably is beneficial for all stakeholders.
- Identify health, safety, environmental and quality related training needs of employees, develop and deliver appropriate in-house training and/or source external training.
- Assess Company performance in respect of health, safety, environmental and quality aspects through auditing and other means, in order to identify areas for improvement, develop an improvement plan, then lead and co-ordinate the implementation of the plan.
- Partner with the Directors and management to secure awareness of potential or pending operations, provide insight into the likely intrinsic health, safety, environmental and quality aspects and how these may be suitably addressed.
- Lead, co-ordinate and undertake the monitoring of health, safety, environmental and quality performance of the Company and contractors during execution of operations, both for office based and site based activities.
- Lead, co-ordinate and undertake evaluation of suppliers and contractors, in the context of health, safety, environmental and quality performance, prior to being engaged.
- Undertake sourcing, assessment and procurement, in compliance with Company systems, of services and equipment in support of health, safety, environmental and quality aspects of the Company.
- Lead, co-ordinate, implement and control the development, review, updating and auditing of policies, manuals, registers, procedures, work instructions, templates and other relevant documentation constituting the Company’s ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and Safe T-Cert Systems.
- Organise the annual surveillance / re-accreditation auditing of the Company’s ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and Safe T-Cert Systems and lead, co-ordinate and implement a process of continuous improvement and compliance.
- Undertake continuous professional development in own discipline specific and other areas beneficial to the Company through formal training and self-learning.
- Conduct self and perform duties in a manner that positively represents the Company, is consistent with the overall success of the Company, commercially and otherwise, and is conducive to bon accord with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Keep work areas tidy.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Have obtained a minimum of a NEBOSH or equivalent qualification relating to Health, Safety and/or Quality Management
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a HSEQ role (both office and site based)
- Practical experience of quarrying and contracting techniques
- Previous experience working with or developing an integrated management system
- IT literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to produce concise and accurate oral and written reports, policies, procedures, assessments, specifications etc.
- Ability to conduct site inspections and audits
- Ability to analyse problems and propose realistic and economic solutions
- Ability to self-organise and prioritise a varied workload and deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to relate technical issues to other team members
- Ability to confidently communicate and effectively build relationships, with strong written, verbal and listening skills
- A full valid UK driving licence and access to a car during working hours
We reserve the right to amend the above criteria.
If you feel meet the essential criteria, please send your CV by clicking APPLY NOW below by 21 June 2019 at 5pm.