Proofpoint are hiring an experienced Service Reliability Engineer responsible for provisioning, maintaining, and scaling our production services and server farms across multiple data centers.
As a Platform Operations Service Reliability Engineer at Proofpoint you will be responsible for provisioning, maintaining, and scaling our production Platform services across multiple data centers. You will contribute to the architecture to improve scalability, service reliability, capacity, and performance. You will write automation code for provisioning and operating this infrastructure at massive scale. You will work with development and QA on building pipelines and automation for delivering and deploying production applications to this infrastructure.We are looking for passion, curiosity, attention to details, taking pride in one’s work, taking ownership, and having ideas/opinions. If you’re the enthusiastic team player who cares about the infrastructure, remains calm in crisis, collaborates cross functionally, and easily writes code for automation we want to talk to you.
- Primary owner (design, build, support the infrastructure) of our Puppet 4 infrastructure including requirements gathering, architecting and maintaining the core platform, growing and supporting it at scale
- Bring additional public cloud expertise (AWS, Azure, Rackspace, etc.) and collaborate with various business units as we build and scale our hybrid public / private cloud environment
- Major stakeholder in continuous security patching and hardening processes
- Provide support and guidance for teams migrating from CentOS 6 to Centos 7
- Provide additional support for other team initiatives, specifically cloud platforms (AWS, Kubernetes/Docker/ Openstack)
What you bring to the team
- Extensive experience in production operations; Recent experience installing, configuring and deploying Linux based operating systems
- You have expertise in the relevant technologies (Centos 7, SELinux) in a large-production environment
- You demonstrate knowledge of CI/CD process and framework to build/update base OS images
- You are comfortable with common infrastructure tools (Puppet, Ansible, LDAP, Nagios, Splunk, Artifactory, Infoblox, Jenkins, Spinnaker, or the like)
- You are able to automate solutions for complex & repetitive problems and are passionate about solving hard problems using data-driven solutions
- You take an Ops-centric approach to everything you build, ensuring availability, performance and security are core components
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you’re proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- You are able to inspire other people to work with you, and you enjoy mentoring and coaching more junior engineers