Excellent opportunity for a Senior External Reporting Analyst - Finance based in Belfast
Senior External Reporting
Analyst – Finance
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Finance Department for a Senior External Reporting Analyst
Danske Bank (UK) is one of Northern Ireland’s leading Retail Banks, operating an extensive network of Branches and Regional Finance Centres across the country. It employs around 1,400 staff serving Personal, Business and Corporate customers.
Based in Belfast and reporting to the Capital Governance and Regulatory Reporting Manager, you will undertake a detailed review of certain financial and regulatory reporting requirements to ensure that all information submitted to the Bank’s key stakeholders is accurate, produced in a timely manner and is subject to critical review.
You will also have responsibility for leading projects to meet the requirements of new external and regulatory reporting returns as well as maintaining a robust control environment.
As a Senior External Reporting Analyst your key fields of responsibility will be:
- Assist in the production of the statutory financial statements for Northern Bank and all subsidiary companies under IFRS
- Assist in the ongoing monitoring review and checking of all financial controls and processes, assisting in the identification of key financial risk and implementing controls to mitigate the risk
- Assist in the enhancement of the financial control environment by further automating processes and introduce validation checks to ensure consistency between returns and annual accounts
- Assist with the production of regulatory returns in a timely manner to ensure sufficient oversight and critical review from management prior to submission
- Assist in responding to regulator queries regarding submitted returns
- Maintain and update your own professional expertise and knowledge, and your understanding of the regulatory reporting requirements to ensure the Bank is provided with high quality advice
- Ensure that the Bank meets the requirements of all applicable new regulatory reporting standards and returns
- Lead the specification, development, testing and implementation of new software and models Product development Embed new products into the regulatory reporting process
- Communicate to the business process/control/procedure changes needed to ensure that the regulatory function receives the timely and accurate data that it requires
- Controls environment
- Enhance the control environment by developing and maintaining technical documentation
- Enhance the control environment by further automating processes and introduce validation checks to ensure consistency between returns and annual accounts
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- You will hold a 3rd level qualification and preferably be a qualified accountant (e.g. ACA / ACCA/ CIMA Qualified)
- You will have an understanding of the UK Financial Services industry and the regulatory challenges faced by the Retail Banking sector
- A strong demonstrable experience of Excel and use of advanced functionality within Excel, as well as other tools, to manage large amounts of data and develop spreadsheet models to efficiently manage processes
- You will also have a good understanding of the characteristics of a retail bank balance sheet and product characteristics
Preferred Experience (but not essential):
- Experience in preparation, review and submission of Regulatory reporting to banking regulators (preferably UK – PRA / FCA / BoE).
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, prioritising as appropriate
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Analytical and logical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to analyse and interpret regulations from first principles
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proven competitive drive to achieve results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels
- Ability to communicate complex information effectively
Please ensure that all relevant details are included on your CV as only information provided will be used in the selection process.
The job role may require travel to Copenhagen, and possibly other areas of Danske Bank Group. Such travel may be outside normal business hours and require overnight stays.
In return, we offer a competitive salary associated with the Financial Services sector plus the following:
- Annual performance based salary review
- Annual holiday entitlement of 30 days excluding Bank Holidays
- Membership of the Danske Bank Employee Pension Plan – the Bank will contribute up to 10% of your salary
- Funded healthcare plan
- Perks benefit programme – entitles employees to over 1,000 special offers and discounts on retail goods and services
- The Employee Assistance Programme – provides employees and their families with 24/7 support on a wide range of personal and work related issues, through a confidential telephone helpline
- Support for further education on our Danske Bank Professional Education pathway
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing date for applications –11.59pm Monday 24 June 2019.
Danske Bank is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all.