Excellent opportunity for a Senior Care Assistant based in Armagh.
Senior Care Assistant
Responsible to Line Manager – Registered Manager Claire Cassidy – Deputy Manager Ruth Brimage
Purpose of Position
The Senior Care Assistant role is to support the person in charge in all aspects of the homes management, including taking temporary, complete charge during the absence of the person in charge.
To help train junior members of staff in all aspects of their work in the home.
- Help ensure that all care assistants contribute to the best of their ability to the efficient running of the home, and the creation of the right atmosphere.
- Assist clients who need help with their personal care e.g. dressing, washing and assist with any toileting needs.
- Help clients with mobility problems and other physical disabilities such as incontinence, help in the use and care of aids and personal equipment.
- Help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of clients through talking to them, taking them out, and sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- Make and change beds, tidy rooms, and do light cleaning if necessary to maintain hygiene as well as health and safety.
- Serve meals, assist clients at meal times if required, monitor nutritional intake and record and report any issues to line manager.
- Answer bell from nurse call system, the door and telephone, great visitors.
- Administer client’s medication and maintain records relating to same. Follow the homes policy for medication administration
- Read and write reports in case notes. Ensure recording is factual and clear.
- Attend and take part in staff meetings.
- Accompany residents to medical/clinic appointments.
- Admit clients to care home. Gather information and compile client’s needs assessment to develop individual care plans.
- Sort and return clients laundered clothing.
- Attend mandatory training and any other training deemed necessary by management to assist in the development of your position.
- Maintain confidentiality in all your work related operation including information about clients, and their representatives.
- Direct and delegate carers in managing the days/shifts workload.
- Such other responsible duties as may be required.
Please click HERE to download Candidate Letter
Please click HERE to download Access NI