Excellent opportunity for Senior Care Assistant – Day Duty based in Belfast.
Job Title: Senior Care Assistant – Day Duty
Location: Corkey House, 1 Forthriver Crescent, Belfast BT13 3SR
Board/Office: Council for Social Witness (Older People Services)
Salary: £9.80 per hour
Hours: Full Time – 36 hours
Responsible to: The Head of Home
As a member of the management team, under the Head of Home, to assist in the effective and efficient management of the Home on a day-to-day basis, maintaining good standards of professional practice as required by the Northern Ireland Social Care Council, while working within the Christian ethos of the Council for Social Witness.
In the absence of the Head of Home (or Deputy Head), to exercise responsibility for all aspects of the operation of the Home and to relate to all callers including relatives and profession
The Council for Social Witness (Older People Services) is part of the work and witness of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland and its aim is to provide care for older people in a specifically Christian ethos and environment, placing great emphasis on offering spiritual support and encouragement to residents, as well as physical care.
Corkey House is one of 6 homes for older people run by the Council for Social Witness (Older People Services) and is situated at 1 Forthriver Crescent, Belfast BT13 3SR. The Home accommodates 35 residents who have a variety of physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs and varying levels of dependency.
The Home operates a No Smoking Policy
1. Care Responsibilities
- Assist with the design, plan and implementation of individual programmes of care for residents.
- Monitor and evaluate programmes of care to achieve high standards and provision of a quality service, identifying met/unmet needs.
- Help residents with all aspects of personal care where necessary to ensure their needs are met, respecting their privacy and dignity.
- Encourage residents to be as active and as independent as possible.
- Accompany residents to hospital, clinic etc, or on short walks.
- Administer medicines and adhere to all policies in relation to medicine control.
- Plan, implement and supervise residents’ creative activities and recreation daily, ensuring records are maintained.
- Ensure vigilance is exercised at all times in relation to the health, safety and well being of residents, staff and visitors to the Home.
2. Leadership and Training
- Undertake staff supervision as directed by the Head of Home.
- Exercise good leadership skills and promote team building measures.
- Be involved with NVQ/QCF Assessments as directed by the Head of Home.
- Ensure that there is an effective written/verbal handover between staff at all times.
- Lead or assist with daily prayers in the Home, as requested.
- Ensure adherence to any rules, regulations and reporting mechanisms which may be identified by NISCC in the pursuit of good practice and the promotion of a quality agenda.
- Assist with staff training and support to ensure compliance with professional standards and Codes of Practice.
- Implement Quality Assurance programmes.
- Deal with enquiries when necessary, referring to the Head of Home as appropriate.
- Deal with administrative tasks.
- Maintain all records within the context of confidentiality and client access as agreed within the Council for Social Witness and in keeping with legislation and guidance for residential care.
4. Additional Duties
- Participate in regular staff/resident/relative meetings, adhering to the philosophy of care and aims of the Council for Social Witness.
- Participate in staff development and training programmes when required to meet occupational standards and to provide continuing professional development.
Duties may include week-end working and being on call, on a rota basis, at night and at week-ends.
Please click here to view full Job Description
Please click here to view full Personnel Specification
Please click here to view full Recruitment of Ex Offenders information
Closing date for all applications is 4pm on Monday 10 June 2019
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer