Excellent opportunity for Relief Support Worker based in Coleraine.
Job Title: Relief Support Worker
Council: Council for Social Witness, Willow Brook
Rate of Pay: £8.73 per hour
Hours of Work: Relief Hours (As and when required)
Responsible to: Project Manager, Willow Brook
To assist with the provision of a programme of care and support which gives tenants the opportunity to mature and develop to their full potential. The post holder must be committed to working within the Christian ethos of PCI.
Willow Brook is a supported housing scheme for adults with a learning disability. It accommodates 9 tenants, 3 of whom reside in single bungalow units. The remaining 6 tenants reside in two larger buildings. Also at Topley Terrace there is accommodation for 3 adults with a physical disability.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
SUPPORT FOR TENANTS
- To ensure tenants receive appropriate assessment, training and support to develop skills and attitudes, in achieving the outcomes of their Personal Centred Plans.
- To support each tenant, where required, in all aspects of home life and participation in the community and to work with other staff to implement programmes that will enable each client to become more independent.
- To support tenants with personal care, as appropriate, ie. bathing, washing, feeding, medication needs and access to relevant health care. (Meeting these needs may involve manual or aid assisted lifting of tenants).
- To support tenants in maintaining and developing a variety of relationships.
- To support tenants in cooking, cleaning, gardening, laundry, ironing and household tasks to an appropriate standard.
- To support tenants in a range of leisure activities and services according to individual choice.
- To be a key worker to tenants according to their needs and wishes.
- To provide spiritual support to tenants according to their needs and wishes, including enabling participation in congregational life and assisting with personal devotions.
- To be sensitive to the spiritual, physical, intellectual, emotional and social needs of each tenant and respond appropriately to meet these needs.
- To carry out daily living tasks on behalf of tenants, when they are unable to do so for themselves.
- To be an effective advocate for each tenant and encourage self-advocacy where possible.
- In the absence of Senior Staff, to be the responsible person on duty, complying with Willow Brook policies and procedures to ensure the well-being of tenants.
- To work within PCI/Council for Social Witness policies and procedures and relevant legislation.
- To develop and promote good working relationships with staff, tenants, professional bodies and other service users.
- To work such hours as necessary, which may include sleep-in duties, working during week-ends and/or Bank Holidays.
- To promote and maintain effective communication with professional bodies/parents/guardians and the local community.
- To keep accurate records of significant events in the lives of tenants and to prepare written reports when required.
- To maintain appropriate confidentiality in respect of information relating to tenants, in accordance with Willow Brook policies and procedures.
- To identify and report any maintenance and/or security issues linked to the building and equipment.
- To attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- To maintain a personal awareness of new methods and developments appropriate to the needs of the tenants and staff.
ANY OTHER DUTIES
To undertake any other relevant duties which may be required of the post.
Please click here to view full Job Description
Please click here to view full Personnel Specification
Please click here to view full Recruitment of Ex Offenders information
Closing date for all applications is 4pm on Tuesday 18th June 2019
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer