Excellent opportunity for a Registered Manager for Residential Care Home.
Job Title: Registered Manager for Residential Care Home
A qualification in Nursing and be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) or a degree in Social Work (BSW) or equivalent.
3 years’ experience as a Registered Manager of a Care facility.
To provide direction of care provision for a maximum of 56 residential category clients and management of care team
The offer of permanent Registered Manager is conditional on successful completion of the RQIA registration within the required probationary period and also subject to satisfactory Access NI clearance and references being received.
As Registered Manager you will be responsible for the operational day-to-day management of the care service ensuring Fairlawns continued compliance with relevant legislation. Working in partnership with colleagues in the senior management team and Directors you will ensure the provision of a high-quality service enabling individual needs and organisational priorities to be met in accordance with available resources.
Fairlawns aims to be the employer and care home of choice in the local private care home sector and you must be committed to developing and enhancing the services we provide.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To maintain a high-quality service working in partnership with colleagues to manage services.
- To ensure the service meets, and indeed exceeds, the requirements of the Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2010 and the Care Quality Commission guidance ‘Essential Standards of Quality & Safety’.
- To ensure the delivery of safe, personalised services to each individual service user through assessment, person centred planning and regular outcome focussed reviews of services.
- To ensure the delivery of person-centred care/support services that promote independence, choice and dignity to empower people to live as independently as possible.
- Implementation of Safeguarding policies and procedures and advocacy role for clients.
- To ensure care/support services are structured in a way that provides flexibility, reliability and continuity.
- To ensure services are accessible.
- To ensure the development of robust systems and procedures.
- To ensure the service is appropriately resourced with the right number of suitably qualified, skilled and experienced staff.
- To ensure that all new referrals are responded to in a timely manner in line with contractual and organisational timescales.
- To oversee the co-ordination of care workers across all areas.
- To deliver services that ensure the Organisation’s duty of care to the service user and staff providing the service.
- To ensure good communication and links with all stakeholders with regard to the provision of services including commissioners, service users, relatives, social work teams, RQIA inspector, HSCT staff etc.
- To ensure the office is resourced during office hours and ensure the provision of an effective out of hours on-call service.
- In partnership with the senior management and directors participate in the strategic development of the organisation and assist with the identification and development of strategies for the planning and delivery of quality, innovative services.
- To grow and develop services through increasing delivered hours and maximising referral opportunities.
- To manage projects that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the service.
- To produce management reports and attend Senior Management Team Meetings.
Team Management and Leadership
- To manage a team both involved in the management and direct provision of the service.
- To ensure that there is a co-ordinated and consistent approach to service provision that is cost effective and efficient making the best use of allocated resources.
- To identify recruitment needs and develop plans to ensure the service is appropriately resourced.
- To be routinely involved with a range of human resources/staff management duties including: Workforce Planning, Recruitment and selection , Training, Supervision, Appraisal , Disciplinary/Capability procedures , Absence Management
- To ensure that processes and procedures are in place to meet the various organisational and staff requirements with regard to human resources issues.
- To ensure that staff are trained for their roles and responsibilities and that all groups of staff within the team have access to appropriate training and learning opportunities.
- To establish and maintain effective two-way communication to ensure that all staff are aware of and can contribute to operational and strategic developments e.g. staff meetings.
- To put in place systems to ensure healthy working practices and that staff receive relevant information to fulfil their health and safety responsibilities.
- To ensure that all staff are familiar with and work in line with Fairlawns policies and procedures.
- To offer advice, support and guidance to staff at all levels.
- To implement and maintain an effective quality assurance programme to promote high quality, best practice and continuous improvement of services
- To deliver services effectively and efficiently and have clear monitoring procedures and processes in place to ensure standards are continually met.
- To ensure good and safe practice in all activities relating to service user care by putting systems in place to guide, monitor and evaluate care and services provided.
- To resolve all complaints in accordance with Fairlawns Complaints & Compliments Policy.
- To evaluate services through regular review, annual service user questionnaires, analysis of complaints & compliments etc.
- To continuously improve services, care and support.
- To develop operational controls in partnership with the senior management team to ensure a commitment to cost effectiveness and value for money.
This is not meant to be an exhaustive list, the job holder may be required to undertake such other duties as Management may from time to time reasonably require.
Please click HERE to download Candidate Letter
Please click HERE to download Full Job Description
Please click HERE to download Access NI