Location UK / Ulster
Job Type Permanent full-time
Updated 4 days ago
Be responsible for supporting the HSE Team and Project Managers to maintain high standards of HSE
Overview of the role:
The successful candidate will provide HSE support across construction related documentation such as Health & Safety plans, traffic management plans, quality, environmental and waste management plans. Be responsible for supporting the HSE Team and Project Managers to maintain high standards of HSE compliance on construction sites and through other work projects Ensure, through consultation with the HSE Team and employees, the continuity of approach for successful implementation of procedures, policy and safe systems of work at workplaces..
Day to Day of the role:
● Supporting the PSDP and PSCS functions
● Carrying out site audits and inspections
● Preparing, reviewing and carrying out inductions and toolbox talks
● Monitoring and assessing contractors
● Completion and updating of other construction related documents
● Delivering other related training
● Maintenance of work related task and progress on RIVO (internal safety management system)
● Monitoring and review of Near misses/Hazard safety concerns reported
● Support in the preparation and presentation of HSE statistics and information as part of KPI measurements
● Coordinate, prioritise and undertake HSE related internal audits and inspections and implementation of corrective /preventative actions
● Plan and lead programs to drive continuous improvement in EHS performance in construction related projects.
● Drive improvements in safety behaviour by supporting managers and providing direction on work related HSE tasks and activities.
Skills required for this role:
● H&S Higher Diploma or recognised equivalent (Level 8)
● Safe pass
● Minimum of 5 years’ experience as Safety Officer / Advisor with a main contractor or subcontractor in the construction industry.
● IOSH Managing Safely in Construction
● Member of IOSH
● Full clean drivers licence ● Excellent reporting writing skills
● Familiar with construction regulations and working on construction sites
● Familiar with the roles and responsibilities of PSCS and PSDP
● Good communicator and be confident to instruct and issue directions in the event of HS&E breaches
● Professional approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
● Strong IT skills