Proofpoint are hiring an experienced QA Engineer, who will work closely with local engineers in our Belfast office and staff based in our Silicon Valley headquarters.
Are you passionate about creating applications that solve real problems? Are you curious, analytical and motivated by new challenges and willing to prove it? Do you want to deliver enterprise wide solutions that promote flexibility, scalability and high performance that deliver to millions of users? Do you want to learn and apply new skills on an ongoing basis? If so, we would like to hear from you!
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about existing and new technologies, someone who is a great communicator and is excited about working in a professional, friendly, energetic, results-oriented engineering team, making a highly visible contribution to the delivery of a multi-million dollar product offering. You will work closely with local engineers in our Belfast office, our global product management team, and staff based in our Silicon Valley headquarters, as part of an agile team driving rapid growth through high-quality, on-time feature releases that meet and exceed the expectations of our customers.
We are seeking an experienced, versatile and well-rounded QA Engineer, to integrate into an existing team and provide QA guidance throughout the development lifecycle Requirements design through to delivery and production validation. The QA Engineer should be able to appreciate the team is growing and to contribute actively to continuous process improvement.
- Act as key member of a team working on the leading Email Security product suite on the market
- Define, execute and automate tests against a complex platform, based on a wide range of technologies
- Produce first-rate test plans that can be leveraged for both manual and automated testing
- Play a vital role in the delivery of ambitious new features and products from engineering through to production
- Contribute to the build out of our CI/CD software delivery process to support the end-to-end delivery of world class software
- Collaborate with product managers, UX designers, software engineers, operations engineers and other engineers in an agile environment to deliver high quality performant code on schedule
- Play well with others! Be a great teammate and help us maintain our positive culture
- Share knowledge with the team both formally and informally
- Be ready to adapt and contribute across the wider org as needed
- Develop against a complex platform, based on a wide range of technologies
- Take ownership of high value technical initiatives
- Build, maintain and execute a library of repeatable test plans.
- Contribute to the automated regression test suites and frameworks.
- Contribute to, and promote, the delivery of high quality, testable software, from requirements analysis through to acceptance testing
- Respond effectively and accurately to the needs of stakeholders, including product management, support, operations and QA
- Provide mentoring and thought leadership to other team members
- Expertise in, or a strong desire to learn, a wide range of technologies, including:
- Experience in functional and non-functional testing
- Experience working collaboratively with Development and Product Management teams
- Experience in solving complex testing problems
- A keen interest in automation and repeatability
- Familiarity with agile development
- Strong communications skills – ability to document and verbally communicate ideas
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Know how to Get Stuff Done with technical people in other groups in the company
- Problem solving mentality
- Good exposure to Linux
- Knowledge of email technology, MTAs (e.g. Postfix), and server architecture
- Exposure to SaaS-based product delivery
- ISEB/ISTQB foundation (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in performance testing tooling and methodologies
- Experience in the preparation of test environments, e.g. build deployment; GIT or SVN repository management; Jenkins