Excellent opportunity for a Permanent Full-Time Quantity Surveyor based in Gilford, Craigavon
Permanent Full-Time Quantity Surveyor
Salary – DOE
The successful candidate will be part of a fast paced manufacturing team, responsible for the commercial management of metal fabrication packages throughout NI, ROI and GB.
The individual will be responsible for the control of costs, maximising value, while maintaining the required standard of quality on projects.
Duties & responsibilities;
- Responsible for the pricing and forecasting of cost for the different materials needed for projects.
- Prepare tender documents, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation.
- Track changes to the design and/or fabrication work and adjusting budget projections accordingly.
- Procure or agree the services of subcontractors.
- Place supply chain orders in accordance with procurement requirements.
- Measure and value the work done.
- Agreed interim payments and subcontractor accounts.
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers.
- Create monthly financial reports for senior management.
Qualifications & Requirements;
- Candidate should be educated to a degree level in Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management or equivalent qualification.
- Full Driving Licence
Experience & Competencies;
- Strong understanding of plant, machinery, building and fabrication industry and an appreciation of logistical needs.
- Appreciation of the impact of costs in the completion of programmes
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and database software
- Good communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning skills
- Self-motivated and capable of working under minimal supervision and on own initiative.
- Able to work to tight deadlines in high pressure situations.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV