Maintenance Technician required for a full time permanent with Kerry Foods, Portadown.
We’re Kerry Foods – a leading name in the global food industry, and a distinctly individual business. We’re home to incredible brands, over 6000 brilliant people and big ambitions. Our products, many of which are household favourites, are eaten by millions of people every day. Your energy, enthusiasm and fresh thinking could help us reach millions more.
About the role
We are looking to recruit a Maintenance Technician to join our Engineering Team at our Portadown site.
Full time permanent role.
- Carry out electrical and mechanical repairs to plant and equipment in the event of any fault or breakdown and as part of the site PPM system.
- All work on site to satisfy the Health and Safety Act with all areas of work to be kept clean and tidy.
- Assist the department in the ordering of spares, maintain and update records of the plant and equipment.
- Additional duties as and when required to give full cover i.e. sickness and holiday.
- Act as Point of contact for external contractors, including control of permits to work where necessary.
- Act as point of contact for Kerry process Engineers or any other off-site engineering support.
- Ensure Maintenance requests and PPMs are printed, completed and returned to Manager/Admin.
- Site Crisis Team/HACCP Representative.
- Engineering Safety coordinator (eg confined space/ Working at height etc)
- Liaise with Admin personnel when ordering parts/spares.
- Report as necessary to on/off site management with regards to engineering issues.
- Act as training focus for all engineers and/or mandatory training requirements.
Qualifications and skills
- C+G or HNC/NVQ qualification
- Electrical bias, mechanical knowledge would be advantageous
- Time spent in a production environment with strong fault-finding and breakdown skills
- Pro-active and a good team-worker.
We are looking for people with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment to achieve and sustain this growth on a long-term basis. In return we offer stimulating and rewarding careers from employee to management to leadership levels in a global food organisation.