Location UK / Lisburn
Job Type Permanent full-time
Salary See description
Updated 5 days ago
Excellent opportunity for a Lecturer in Mechatronics based in Lisburn
Lecturer in Mechatronics
£22,851 to £33,129 per annum (plus £2,640 Threshold and £1,373 Deane payment if applicable)
Curriculum & Information Services
Head of School, Engineering & Computing
Lisburn campus but will be required to be available for work at all College campuses
Hours of work
(1 FTE). The annual hours are 1440 of which up to 828 for student contact time and the remainder for associated duties. However, the post holder will be required to adopt a flexible approach (including evening work) and to devote such time as may be required by the exigencies of the service.
To become a member of the teaching team in current courses of study and assist with future developments.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Deliver and promote training and teach on a range of programmes leading to the award of up to Level 5 qualifications.
2. Liaise with Industry to develop courses which match industry needs.
3. Fulfil the role of class tutor with administrative and pastoral responsibilities.
4. Develop ILT resources appropriate for teaching and learning in the subject area and promote the use of library and resource centres.
5. Review and evaluate quality of provision in line with IQ:RS and awarding body requirements
6. Assist in delivery of staff development in mechatronics to college staff / Participate in staff training and development activities to update and enhance own knowledge, skills and professional competence needed to carry out the role effectively.
7. Review and evaluate provision to ensure quality assurance in all areas.
8. Contribute to and participate in marketing, recruitment, induction and other appropriate events.
9. Co-ordinate programmes of study.
10. Participate in subject team meetings and in school team meetings, including the leading of team meetings.
11. Contribute to the co-ordination and organisation of educational visits and work-based learning
12. Contribute to the development of new full-time and part-time engineering related courses throughout the School to meet the needs of the workforce and other relevant stakeholders.
13. Liaise with employers, Sector Skills Council and Awarding Bodies
14. To mentor students for competitions.
15. Complete as required all administrative tasks associated with the post.
16. Any other duties as required by the Head of School and Deputy Head of School.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing date 21st June 2019