We require a Kitchen Assistant to work bank shifts at our Rockfield Care Home in Newry..
Job Title: Bank Staff Kitchen Assistant – Rockfield Care Home (Newry)
Reporting To: Head Cook / Home Manager
Job Purpose:To assist in the preparation and serving nutritiously balanced meals. To maintain a safe and hygienically clean environment within the kitchen, associated stores and Prep Room. To carryout Cooking Duties in the absence of the Cook.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATION
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team player.
- A catering Qualification and food Hygiene Certifiate would be advantageous.
- Satisfactory POVA check against the Disqualification from Working with Vulnerable Adults (DWVA) List through Access NI.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Experience of working within a similar sector
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To communicate with and assist the cook.
- To store ordered foods in their appropriate places.
- To set tables in the dining rooms before meal times.
- To transport meals and trolleys too and from the dining rooms.
- To ensure the kitchen equipment is kept hygienically clean
- To clean all surfaces including the floor.
- To clean all pots/pans and dishes and stack in the shelving racks.
- To be aware of and comply with Health and Safety requirements in the kitchen.
- To show courteousness and willingness to help/assist all persons visiting the Home.
- To discuss personal and professional development with your supervisor.
- To be willing to attend staff meetings and fire drills as required.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.