Location UK / Ulster
Job Type Permanent full-time
Salary £30000 - 40000
Updated 1 day ago
The role is for an experienced software Engineer (Java) to join Global TPS development team for building technical solutions using Java and related technologies.
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group is comprised of diverse, talented professionals globally located in more than 100 countries and territories, collectively representing an unparalleled international network of financial skills and capabilities serving targeted clients. Our Belfast development center has been growing consistently and has now matured into a fully independent software development and research center building franchise critical applications for Citi businesses globally. We strive towards transforming our software products into a cloud compute environment and driven by API protocols. An automated CI/CD pipeline supports our development platform, in, fact we have a fully dedicated group to promote and roll out trending DevOps strategies for all teams across Citi. Into this competitive environment at Citi Belfast, we are now looking to hire talented and motivated engineers who can hit the ground running, take our products to the next level as we scale up our technology landscape to meet the latest standards. Citi promises an inclusive environment where diversity not just preached but practiced from top to bottom at all levels of the organization.
TPS is Citi’s premier Derivatives, Cash and Exotics trading platform with 180 talented engineers contributing globally and used by Traders, Middle Office users across London, New York, EMEA, Latin America, Singapore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Mumbai and Sydney. Citi is the market maker and is one among the few global leaders in these markets and to keep pace and simultaneously grow to be the best year on year, we have to grow our development teams along with it. The Belfast team is the technical leader and key driver of this application and thus are highly critical to the multibillion industry. The application’s strength lies in the Automated STP that helps process staggeringly huge number of trades worth billions flowing across its platform on a minute-by-minute basis. The room for error is very limited and with this in mind, we need high levels of engineering excellence that helps us to prevent any mistakes where the financial and regulatory consequences are eye wateringly large.
The tech stack within TPS features around Java 8, Spring and Oracle DB, but we are not sitting still, we are rapidly moving forward to adopt Cloud and API solutions. We send engineers to conferences such as QCon in London with the aim of bringing back new ideas and new directions. Projects incorporating Micro services, cloud hosting of our servers, Elastic Search, functional programming and massive adoption of APIs are all currently underway. More initiatives are following.
Role / Position Overview
The role is for an experienced software Engineer (Java) to join Global TPS development team for building technical solutions using Java and related technologies. Business area is primarily in Interest rate derivatives regulatory framework. The role requires experience in building largescale java applications to handle high volume processing and a thorough knowledge of java coding standards. If you have any prior experience in processing large XML, JSON objects via straight through processing systems, then you are best suited for the role. Strong communication skills bring additional value to the role and help produce intelligent solutions.
• Design, code test and deploy innovative solutions to implement complex regulatory business rules under Continuous integration/Deployment pipeline.
• Perform root cause analysis skills, able to quickly analyse and interpret code.
• Work with project manager and business analysts in designing and building the business requirements into scalable technical solutions.
• Collaborate with other talented engineers, analysts and project managers across the department in developing cross platform solutions
• Understand and document system logic and business processes to be made available for consumption by non-technical members
• Be conversant in Agile development methodologies
• Keep looking for ways to do things better
• Opportunity to work on industry latest technologies
• Exposure to great engineering standards
• Access to Agile development environment and DevOps cycles.
• Highly challenging business environment in demand of high performance and scalable applications
• Opportunity to participate in the adoption of cloud environment in large banking systems.
• Opportunity to work in an inclusive and diverse global team
• Large amount of virtual and classroom trainings available on both technology and soft skills.
• Well defined career path for technologists, managers, BAs.
JAXB , JSON, XML,XSD
• Professional experience in java development processing XSD,XML,JSON
• Knowledge of Spring framework
• A good grasp of OO design patterns to deliver simple and efficient code
• Prior experience in implementing business rule based engines using DROOL or similar technologies
• A good understanding of distributed systems
• Experience in working with financial and regulatory platforms is an added plus , but not mandatory
• Knowledge of technologies used in the java eco system: Spring, Maven, Junit, JAXB, Mockito among many others
• Knowledge and experience in OO design patterns
• Knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL
• Use of Agile methodology
Educated to bachelor’s degree level or equivalent
• Ability to create workable models from the requirements
• Ability to work independently and to deliver within provided deadlines
• Self-motivated and Goal oriented
• Strong mentorship skills and a good team player
• Ability to assume ownership of and optimize current development processes
What we Offer
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
• 23 days paid annual leave
• Award winning pension scheme,
• Life assurance and
• Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select bnefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer