An excellent opportunity for an Internal Sales Engineer to be responsible for providing general customer service and the processing of enquiries received, making suitable offers, converting offers into orders, and the processing of orders received as per the proper processes and procedures.
Internal Sales Engineer
Pneutrol International Limited are a family owned company who deliver high quality bespoke control systems mainly for the concrete industry. The company has over 1700 systems installed mainly in the UK and Ireland but with the development of their telematics business they now provide innovative systems throughout the world.
The Internal Sales Engineer will be responsible for providing general customer service and the processing of enquiries received, making suitable offers, converting offers into orders, and the processing of orders received as per the proper processes and procedures.
- Answering the telephone. Handling customer enquiries (both verbal and written) and providing general customer service.
- Correctly technically interpret customer enquiries and select suitable product to quote, either from our own product range, Group product range, or from third party suppliers.
- Manage workload and process quotations and orders accurately and efficiently within the agreed timescale, using the correct processes and systems.
- Develop an in depth knowledge of our product range, and that of our key suppliers.
- Source special products from our key suppliers and/or other third party suppliers to fulfil customer’s requirements.
- Negotiate with both customers and suppliers to win business, while ensuring that margin levels are maintained at or above expectation.
- Provide Sales Manager with data on customers as and when required and general market intelligence.
- Provide after sales support to customers.
- Provide information and support to the external Sales Manager.
- Develop and grow long-term relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Liaise with Despatch Department for timely despatch of goods.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties within your skills and capabilities as directed by your manager.
Skills and Experience
- Previous internal sales experience with regard to industrial components preferred
- Engineering background desirable, but not essential.
- Proficient user of Microsoft office programmes
- GCSE (or equivalent) English Language and Mathematics
- Degree HNC/D or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Sales and customer relationship development skills
- Negotiation skills at multiple levels within customer and supplier organisations
- Communication and inter-personal
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Awareness of efficient processes
- Understand how Pneutrol adds value to its customer and articulate this via direct reports
- Where change is recommended to customers, ability to assist with the change management process
- Ability to effectively manage sales and margin across the regions to achieve profitability targets
- Effectively manage time and territory in order to maximise opportunities and minimise costs
Please forward your CV via the APPLY button below