Excellent opportunity for a Hygiene Team Leader based in Belfast.
HYGIENE TEAM LEADER
Permanent Full Time (weekend work may be required)
Andrews Flour, based in Percy Street, Belfast, is Northern Ireland’s only independent flour mill and has been milling flour since 1722. We are looking for a HYGIENE TEAM LEADER to join our team.
To lead the hygiene team in providing a high-quality cleaning and pest control service that meets food safety/hygiene standards required in a milling environment
- Supervisory experience within the food manufacturing industry, including a working knowledge of the food safety environment
- Experience of ensuring hygiene and food safety standards are complied with
- Experience of undertaking cleaning tasks as a working team member
- A working knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Word, etc)
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Competencies
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills
- Effective organisational, planning, time-management, and team-working skills.
- Good communication skills and listening skills
- Ability to solve problems/offer solutions
- Strong attention to detail
- Confidence, self-motivation, resilience and be flexible in approach to work to meet demands
- Willingness to gain new skills and knowledge to achieve ongoing self-improvement
- Level 3 Food Safety/Hygiene Qualification
- Management of Hygiene Systems/Chemicals Equipment experience
- Health & Safety Experience
- Pest Management experience
- Supervise, motivate, coach and develop a team of hygiene/cleaning operatives
- Maintain a pest-free and pathogen-free environment
- Ensure compliance with company rules regarding Health & Safety and Hygiene
- Oversee and assist with daily/periodic scheduled cleaning tasks
- Conduct post-cleaning checks, monitor and correct any hygiene gaps immediately
- Ensure robust record keeping in relation to all hygiene and pest control tasks
- Maintain correct hygiene stock levels and ensure all chemicals are used correctly
- Support the Operations Manager to achieve targets
- Respond to audit/corrective action reports to ensure work is carried out
- Ensure that personal protective and cleaning equipment belonging to you and your team always functions correctly.
- Achieve good communication with all levels of the organisation to reach targets.
- Ensure separation, storage and timely removal of all wastes from site.
- Access to company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holidays plus 8 statutory holidays
- On site secure car parking
Please forward your CV with SHORT covering letter explaining how you are suitable for this post the APPLY button below.
Closing date is 30th June 2019.
Andrews Flour is an Equal Opportunities Employer