Excellent opportunity Group Tax Manager based in Cookstown.
As one of Northern Ireland’s most exciting privately-owned organisations, with revenue of approximately £100m, the CDE Group are looking to recruit an experienced and motivated tax professional for the following wide-ranging position:
Group Tax Manager
Job Purpose & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Group Finance Director, the successful candidate will have responsibility for all aspects of the Group’s tax affairs, including compliance and strategic planning. As the Group continues to expand its international footprint, building a good reputation with overseas tax authorities is as vital as maintaining the Group’s UK tax position.
- Lead on tax strategy and advise on all key projects and initiatives, partnering with the wider business to advise on new business development opportunities.
- Work with the business to fully understand all commercial initiatives, suggesting potential solutions to manage risks, costs and maximise opportunities.
- Manage the Group’s UK corporation tax compliance, including: Preparing corporation tax and deferred tax figures and disclosures for the statutory accounts; Calculating quarterly payments on account; Liaising with PwC to provide information for the corporation tax returns.
- Prepare calculations for the Group’s R&D tax relief and patent box claims.
- Oversee global VAT / sales tax compliance, including: Reviewing returns prepared by the Finance team or external advisers; Responding to ad hoc VAT and sales tax queries from the business; Improving understanding of VAT / sales tax across the global business; Identifying requirements to register in new territories as the business expands.
- Work with local professional advisers to co-ordinate the corporate tax compliance process in key jurisdictions, including the US & Australia.
- Liaise with the internal Payroll & Rewards team and external advisers to identify and resolve payroll tax issues, including for globally mobile employees.
- Ownership of the Group’s transfer pricing policies and documentation;
- Drive continuous improvement of the tax governance processes throughout the business, including reporting to the management team in terms of tax compliance and risk management.
- Provide tax training to the Finance team and wider business.
- Keep abreast of new legislation and legal decisions and assess their impact on the Group, sharing updates and making recommendations for change as necessary
- Build effective relationships with HMRC and other tax authorities, including resolution of any tax audits.
- Manage the relationship with external tax advisers, including fee negotiation and cost management.
Please click here for full job description
In return, this role will offer interesting and challenging business projects that will allow the successful candidate to continue to develop professionally as well as being able to make an impact in one of Northern Ireland’s most exciting organisations. You will be an integral part of a highly skilled, fast growing company.
Closing date 1st July.