Location UK / Northern Ireland
Job Type Permanent full-time
Salary See description
Updated 4 days ago
This role will be based at our Head Office in Banbridge. As part of our Group Accounts team, the successful candidate will be providing accounts, IT and management support to our Group subsidiaries based in the UK, Ireland & New Zealand.
Germinal Holdings Limited was founded in Belfast, Northern Ireland in 1825. Since then, the company has spearheaded some of the most groundbreaking work in seed development and has led the way in major contributions to the farming and amenity industries. It is now the largest family owned British and Irish Forage & Amenity Seed Company.
OBJECTIVES IN GENERAL:
1) To gain a detailed working knowledge of all accounting and computer systems, paper workflow and management reporting systems within Group Accounts.
2) To gain a detailed working knowledge of accounting and computer systems and paper workflow within all subsidiary companies of Germinal Holdings Ltd.
3) To contribute to the efficient running of the Group Accounts office and to comment constructively from time to time on procedures used and assumptions made.
4) To answer queries from staff, company directors, managers, customers, suppliers and others, presenting the point of view which is in the best interest of the company and in line with the company’s policies.
5) Liaising with the Group Accountant in the development of the accounting and computerised management reporting systems to keep up with the requirements of an expanding group of companies.
6) Promote and encourage good working relationship with all members of staff and Senior Management within Germinal Holdings Ltd and its subsidiary companies.
OBJECTIVES IN PARTICULAR:
You should become familiar as soon as possible with all accounting systems and routines in the Group Accounts office. These are as follows: –
a) Sales ledger system.
b) Purchase ledger system.
c) General ledger system.
d) Bank control system.
e) Petty cash system.
f) Payroll system.
g) Stocktaking procedures including production of stock sheets and valuation of stock.
h) Year-end procedures including year-end files, spreadsheets, management and statutory accounts.
i) Half-year procedures including production of accounts and stock sheets.
j) Computer systems operated within the Group Accounts office and subsidiary companies.
k) Management information systems.
Applicants should, at the closing date for applications, be able to display and provide evidence of the following qualifications/training, experience, specialist knowledge, skills/abilities and personal qualities outlined below in this person specification.
o Educated to degree level with a minimum classification of a 2.1 (or equivalent qualification);
o Graduating in July 2019 with a predicted 2.1 classification or above.
o Experience of using MS Outlook, Excel and Word
o Previous work experience in any field
Skills & Abilities
o Excellent organisational ability
o Good communication skills
o Ethical approach to work
o Ability and willingness to follow policies and procedures
o High attention to detail
o Ability to produce accurate reports
o Ability to use appropriate initiative
o Ability to meet strict deadlines
o Ability to work on own and as part of a team
o Hardworking and conscientious
o Available to work additional hours as required by the seasonal nature of the business during early December, July & August
o Available to travel to company subsidiaries if required
Qualification o A recognised qualification in a business related discipline
Knowledge o Knowledge and understanding of accounting principals
Initial shortlisting will take place based on the essential criteria listed against Qualifications, Experience and Circumstances.
The remuneration package for this role will be in the region of £15,000 plus study package. Annual leave is 23 days plus 8 statutory holidays.
Onsite car parking is available and the offices are within a 2 minute walk from the town bus centre.
Closing date for applications is 27th June.
To apply, please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV and COVERING LETTER DEMONSTRATING CLEARLY how they feel they meet the criteria as advertised for the post.
Germinal is an equal opportunities employer.