Excellent opportunity for General Operative / Fitter based in Artigarvan
Applications are invited from suitable personnel for the following position
General Operative / Fitter
the primary duties for this role include:
- Driving Telescopic Forklift to push wood chip deliveries into the fuel hoppers, push Ash Skips in and out of the Ash House, Sweep the Yard etc.
- Driving Counterbalance Forklift to Lift into position 1000kg Bulk Bags of Materials used by the Plant
- Carry out scheduled daily checks throughout the site and greasing and lubricating machines as required.
- Replace and clean filters, strainers, air filters etc. throughout the Plant on a daily basis.
- Carry out weekly stock takes of consumable items kept on site.
- From time to time, assist with the cleaning of the Furnace & Boiler as required which can necessitate intense physical labour.
- Carry out mechanical repairs on equipment on site, using power tools such as drills, angle grinders, gas burning equipment, welders etc.
- Numerous other adhoc duties as they arise on site.
- Ensuring compliance with the Company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures whilst at work.
- The ability to be able to troubleshoot and maintain hydraulic, electrical, electronic and mechanical equipment would be a distinct advantage.
- A good standard of education
- Ability to use electronic equipment such as a computer would be an advantage.
- Any other such duties which are in keeping with the main purpose of this role.
Note: Our business operates 24 hours per day, 365 days of the year hence the above position is on a shift basis whereby you work 12 hour shifts on rota.#
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing date for receipt of applications 11th July 2019