McQuillan Companies is an NI family owned business which incorporates a diverse range of activities including civil engineering, highway maintenance, quarrying, waste management and outdoor cleaning.
John McQuillan (Contracts) Ltd is seeking a motivated individual to perform repairs to construction plant and perform scheduled safety checks. The successful candidate will maintain vehicles and plant by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements, correcting vehicle deficiencies and keeping accurate records.
- Keep equipment available by completing preventive maintenance schedules, installing component and part upgrades and controlling corrosion
- Correct vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting and assembling major assemblies, components or parts
- Verify vehicle performance by conducting test drives, adjusting control and systems
- Comply with legislative vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety and combustion control standards
- Maintain vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing and painting
- Contain costs by using warranty, evaluating service and parts options
- Visiting sites to carry out repairs to plant on site
Candidates must possess the following:
- Full driving license
- NVQ Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance or similar
- Minimum of 3 years’ working on large plant and small tools
- Determine vehicle condition by conducting inspections
- Capable of working independently
- Ability to work in a safe manner in a quarry and construction environment
Job will be based from our site in Dundrod.
Closing date for applications is 21 June 2019