Location UK / Ulster
Job Type Temporary full-time
Salary £20000 - 30000
Updated 2 days ago
To provide quality teaching and learning opportunities within the specific areas outlined in the post in order to maximise the potential of every student and to undertake non-lecturing duties as appropriate.
1. To teach related subjects on any relevant future full-time or part-time courses
2. To design and provide students with assessment opportunities applicable to the various courses.
3. To act as course team leader as directed by the Head of Department
4. To attend team meetings, undertake student assessment and carry out such other duties as may be required of a lecturer in a College of Further and Higher Education.
5. To carry out Internal Moderation/Verification duties as directed by Head/Deputy Head of Department.
6. To assist with the requisitioning of all materials, text books and equipment associated with Computing Classes.
7. To participate in College curriculum and staff development as and when required.
8. To contribute to the development of new courses for inclusion in the College course portfolio.
9. To contribute to the recruitment, retention and success of full-time and part-time students/trainees as a result of effective teaching and learning strategies.
10. To contribute to the on-going and continuous improvement of the learning environment in particular by the development of study materials, and the use of ILT in the classroom.
11. To prepare, implement and review schemes of work on an ongoing basis.
12. To keep specified class and student records up to date.
13. To deal with student welfare and disciplinary issues in line with College policy.
14. To assist with administration and enrolment responsibilities as and when required.
15. To participate in Departmental and College activities as required. This will include parent evenings, careers meetings and open days, etc
16. To ensure health and safety standards are maintained at all times in the classroom.
17. To carry out any other reasonable duty as directed by the Head of Department.