Location UK / Ulster
Job Type Permanent full-time
Updated 5 days ago
Working directly for the Financial Controller, this is an interesting and varied for someone looking for a first move into industry or a step up in responsibility commercially.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for the following duties;
• Monthly management accounts production to corporate timetable.
• Ensure all balance sheet accounts reconciled on a monthly basis and provide support for resolving open items.
• Analysis of all accounts receivable and payable ledger listings and investigate all unallocated items and older balances.
• Oversee compliance of all corporate taxes and statutory returns and update processes to comply with any changes in legislation.
• Analyse Project Costings and reconcile to ledger; providing a challenge function to the commercial reporting.
• Design reports to provide pertinent management information and use to interrogate transactions.
• Highlight any weaknesses in compliance or internal controls and recommend/implement improvements.
• Become the “Go To Person” for all accounts staff questions in relation to accounting and System.
• Investigate all IT accounting issues and instigate appropriate corrective action. Interconnect with appropriate IT staff or consultants where required.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of the finance areas of the ERP system.
• Prepare year end accounts and help manage the external audit.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for the Financial Accountant and the range of duties to be undertaken.
It does not attempt to detail every activity. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder at regular intervals.