Mivan is a dynamic and progressive specialist joinery and interior fit-out contractor which has built a reputation for excellence and innovation and has an international track record of achievement.
The successful candidate will plan coordinate and control metal manufacturing processes within our multi-metal fabrication department. The main responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for all operations within the Metal Fabrication Department ensuring goods are produced to meet expectations in terms of quality, programme and cost.
- Interpret workshop/design drawings and job sheets, complete production schedules and allocate works making best use of inhouse facilities and external cutting and machining services to ensure completion dates are met.
- Manage reporting employees and monitor performance. Ensure personnel are adequately trained and understand targets and that they are working to consistent standards, meeting delivery dates and quality expectations.
- Ensure that a high standard of safety and housekeeping is maintained and that all relevant environmental and health & safety regulations and procedures are adhered to.
- Effective liaison, as required, with Design, the Project Team. suppliers and subcontractors to ensure that potential problems are resolved efficiently and the manufacture process is not impeded.
- Provide evaluation, reports and commentary of progress to the Senior Management Team as requested.
- Determine and monitor the overall resource capacity (personnel, material and equipment) for the Metal Fabrication Department and set priorities to maintain production expectations and costs.
- Develop long term & short term plans for improving quality, increasing production capacity & decreasing costs.
- Provide necessary technical assistance in tendering for jobs.
- Assist Senior Management to maintain harmonious employee relations, motivate employees, implement improvement strategies and reinforce Company practices and processes
Candidates should have:
- Extensive experience in general metalwork, fabrication and welding of mild steel, aluminium, brass and stainless steel.
- Experience using press brake, guillotine and general fabrication machinery.
- Management experience in a production environment.
- A strong approach to quality and health & safety and ensuring that standards and procedures are adhered to.
- The ability to interpret and read workshop/design drawings and set up work pieces and tools.
- Sound commercial acumen and cost awareness with the ability to add value and optimise profits.
- The ability to plan ahead, organise workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to motivate others
- Results oriented with the ability to dive change and continuous improvement.
- The ability to build a positive culture which promotes cooperation, accountability, openness, challenge and continual improvement.
To apply for this position please click the ‘APPLY’ button and either upload your CV or use the Company’s application form. Alternatively, you can contact us on 028 9448 1000 or e-mail.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Wednesday 26 June 2019.
Mivan is an Equal Opportunities Employer