Excellent opportunity for an Estates Officer based in Belfast
Reporting to: Estates Manager
Contractual Status: This is a permanent post
Salary: Grade 8, currently £36,261 – £40,792 gross per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week Monday to Friday from 9.00am – 5.00 pm with one-hour unpaid lunch break.
To support the Estates Manager providing technical and operational support relating to statutory compliance, service delivery, operational efficiency and sustainable development of the estate.
- Duties will include the efficient delivery of the following services:
Minor Works (under the direction of the Estates Manager)
- Establish, develop and maintain Planned Preventative Maintenance programmes of work ensuring service contracts do not expire and that contract terms are adhered to;
- Establish, develop and maintain Reactive Maintenance programme of work ensuring timely execution of remedial works and that contract terms are adhered to;
- Establish, develop and maintain Minor Works programme of work from inception to completion including design, tender action, supervision, project management and administration;
- Deliver all planned and reactive maintenance and minor works projects on time, within budget and to the agreed specifications;
- Ensure all mechanical and electrical plant and services and associated controls are designed and maintained in accordance with statutory requirements, legislation and best practice;
- Ensure all building fabric is designed and maintained in accordance with statutory requirements, legislation and good practice;
- Monitor planned, reactive and minor works budgets, providing cost advice and regular financial reporting to the Estates Manager;
- Supervise and coordinate all contractors working on college grounds to ensure minimal disruption and provide regular updates to the Estates Manager;
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and the college health and safety policy making recommendations to the Estates Manager as appropriate;
- Contribute to the College Health and Safety Committee as required;
- Carry out tendering and quotation exercises for purchases and contracts as required and in line with college procurement rules working closely with the college’s finance department;
- Maintain an organised filing system at all times for auditing purposes;
- Work with consultants, contractors and suppliers and develop appropriate contract documentation for the effective utilisation of external contractors, managing and monitoring performance and ensuring value for money;
- Undertake contract management in line with college contract management policy and procedures;
- Maintain the College’s Building Management Systems including CCTV, Heating Controls, Lighting Controls and Access Control;
- Monitor energy use closely and provide regular energy reports to the Estates Manager;
- Maintain, update and report on designated elements of the College condition survey as required;
- Working closely with College’s Facilities Officer to identify need, prioritise work, allocate resource and coordinate delivery;
- Liaising with College stakeholders particularly staff and College departments when scheduling work to mitigate health and safety risk and ensure minimal disruption to important College business;
- Contribute to the development of strategic plans and other policies and procedures;
- Prepare and present reports and statistical analyses to internal and external stakeholders as required;
- Ensure compliance with College employment and equality policies and procedures at all times;
- Undertake work in an inclusive, fair, safe and respectful manner.
- Ensure compliance with College Procurement and Financial Procedures at all times;
- Represent the College at internal and external events as required;
- Occasionally deal with emergency call outs in relation to maintenance, health, safety and/or security of the premises outside of normal working hours;
- Maintain and continuously develop professional knowledge and competence to provide expertise and authoritative advice and ensure high professional standards and decision making;
- Any other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time.
The above list is not exhaustive but gives a good indication of the main duties of the post. The emphasis on particular duties will vary over time according to business needs. Staff on occasions will be expected to be flexible in the tasks required of them. St Mary’s reserves the right to change and amend this job description / person specification in line with the changing requirements of the organisation.
Please click here to view full job description
Please click here to view full Applicant Information pack
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
An Estates Officer is required to support the Estates Manager providing technical and operational support relating to statutory compliance, service delivery, operational efficiency and sustainable development of the estate.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12.00 noon on Friday 28th June 2019