Excellent opportunity for DevOps Engineer Cloud Operations based in Belfast
DevOps Engineer Cloud Operations, Belfast – 21508BR
DevOps Engineer will be a key player on the Cloud Operations team servicing the SIG products. He / She will proactively work with Engineering, Product, IT, and other functional departments to implement and operate our global customer-facing SaaS infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced job, thrives on problem solving, and is committed to delivering seamless product availability to large enterprises around the world.
- Build and maintain a resilient, secure, and efficient SaaS application platform to meet established SLAs
- Automate deployment, monitoring, management and incident response
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
- Manage cross-functional requirements working with Engineering, Product, Services, and other departments.
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- Proactively meet standards for information security and compliance, such as ISO, SOX, SSAE 16, etc.
Background & Experience:
- Typically requires 3+ years’ experience in 24×7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS or cloud service provider
- Experience with cloud infrastructure environments, preferably AWS/Google Cloud
- Experience with containerization technology, preferably Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Java applications and related J2EE technology stack
- Release automation (Jenkins, Puppet, etc), system administration, system configuration, and system debugging experience
- Experience using scripting languages (Ruby, Python, etc), configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, etc) and command execution frameworks
- Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills – ability to set and enforce process and influence engineers who are not direct reports.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience
For more information & to apply please click the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to our website.