Excellent opportunity for a Despatch Operative - Primary based in Dungannon
Despatch Operative – Primary
Working as part of our existing team, we require full time Despatch Operatives to assist with the efficient running of the Primary Despatch Department. Essentially, we are seeking determined and committed individuals who can impact on performance and make a positive contribution to the company’s future growth.
- Ensure to display a positive attitude at all times;
- Be aware of and work to departmental SOPs;
- Stack products correctly in chills;
- Select correct stock for assembling orders and transfer stock to despatch bay;
- Regular stocktaking and rotation of stock in chill storage;
- Scan all crates on every pallet prior to despatch;
- Check that correct number of crates on each pallet have been scanned and correct destination recorded;
- Process relevant documentation for each consignment;
- Load containers and ensure pallets have been scanned and checked prior to loading, enclosing documentation;
- Some associated duties in other departments when required, e.g. Loading Bay;
- Highlight any issues to your Supervisor/ Manager-if in doubt ask for help;
- Promote and maintain Health, Safety and Hygiene standards in accordance with company rules and regulations. No chewing on the production floor, no makeup, e.g. no hoods hanging out over boiler suit;
- Report any accidents/near misses;
- Work to a ‘clean as you go policy’, ensure the Despatch area is always kept clean and tidy in line with the cleaning plan;
- Other associated duties.
- Possess excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative whilst working as part of a team striving to achieve high levels of customer service;
- Flexible approach to work and be prepared to work additional hours when required to meet customer demand.
- Previous experience in the food industry is advantageous;
- Competitive Salary
- Holidays -29 pro rata
- Pension – Nest
- Private Parking
- Company Shop – Discounted
- Canteen Facilities
- Personal Development and Training
- Employee Events throughout the year, wellbeing, health & safety, Charitable
This role operates on a Monday – Friday basis.
Please click on the APPLY NOW button below to view our current career opportunities and complete an application form.
The closing date for applications is 12pm on Friday 28th June 2019.