Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 1 week ago
Dealership Franchise Accountant,
Charles Hurst Head Office Belfast
Contract Type: Permanent, Job ref. req5739
Market leading employee benefits
To support the divisional accountant in conjunction with the head office accountant, divisional financial controller and the divisional management team achieve their financial objectives through the provision of robust and accurate financial reporting specific to a franchise within Charles Hurst.
Management and Financial Accounting.
In conjunction with the divisional group management team and accounting staff:
· Provide financial support to all areas of the business including operational, financial and divisional management as and when required.
· Production of accurate monthly management accounts in accordance with group policies and procedures which are to be submitted in accordance with group reporting deadlines.
· Submission of divisional financial forecasts in conjunction with local operational management in accordance with group reporting deadlines.
· Ensure that accurate manufacturer composite reports are submitted in a timely fashion.
· Overall responsibility for the accurate and timely balance sheet reconciliation specific to a franchise and allocated divisional accounts. Ensure that all balance sheet information is saved centrally and accessible in a consistent format.
· Analysis and interpretation of key business performance indicators and associated variance analysis incorporating internal management accounts and external composite data.
· Attendance at monthly and quarterly financial reviews. Provision of support to operational management in specific investigations into departmental management accounts.
· Management and control of dealership cost base which should include, continual review and challenge, consolidation of supplier base where applicable, alignment and compliance with group procurement along with the maintenance and review of a contracts database.
· Cashflow forecasting.
· Working capital management including the review of balance sheet stocks, debt (vehicle, general and warranty), manufacturer bonuses and the optimisation of vehicle funding lines.
· Ensure that assistance is given to external auditors as required in producing information to generate statutory accounts.
· Ensure that assistance is given to internal auditors, head office finance, Business Information, insurance, compliance and payroll teams for the purposes of providing information for management and statutory information.
· Internal Audit compliance.
· Ensure that adequate internal controls exist within a franchise.
· Implement identified best practices within a franchise.
· Investment appraisal and adhoc projects to support divisional accountant and operational management teams.
· Custodian of company assets.
· Ensure adherence to Group Policies and Procedures.
· Additional responsibilities as and when required in accordance with the needs of the business.
Planning and Budgeting
· Advise and assist management team in developing annual business plans and strategy;
· Advise and assist management team in produce periodic business forecasts;
· Advise management team on the financial impact of management decisions on the business;
· Advise and assist senior management in producing capital project proposals.
· Ensure the accounting structure within the franchise group is both efficient and effective;
· Agree tasks and work standards with the Accounting and Administration teams;
· Agree personal and business objectives with members of staff;
· Carry out regular performance appraisals with the staff;
· Maintain standards of performance and conduct, dealing with lapses in line with company policy and directives;
· Assist with the review and implementation of employee pay plans.
The role of dealership franchise accountant will be based out of the Boucher road site but travel to all dealerships will be required.
To apply for this position please click on the APPLY button below to be directed to our website.