Excellent opportunity for a Credit Risk Specialist based in Belfast
Reference 00383 – Please quote this reference on all correspondence
Location Donegall Square West, Belfast
Are you interested in a role within Credit Risk at Danske Bank (UK)?
The successful candidate will build, monitor, maintain and optimise the risk/reward decisions in Personal Credit through data analytics, segmentation and the use of scorecards, and also provide analytical support for credit risk project activity and the design of credit policy for new acquisitions.
- The role holder would be involved in all stages of strategy development of a credit lifecycle and will be involved in the development of acquisition, account management and collection strategies utilising data and analysis to provide recommendations.
- Produce Monitoring reports and analysis on the existing acquisition strategies to drive improvement in performance.
- Produce clear, concise and relevant presentations / documentations of analysis for senior management outlining the issue, possible solutions with clear recommendations.
- Converse with Data Services to source data required for Credit Risk projects and maintain the quality of Credit Risk variables held within the databases.
- Develop a good relationship with Group teams so that their expertise can be leveraged.
- Provide training and support to junior risk analysts on Credit Risk software, reporting programs and use of Bureau data within the Credit Risk Team.
- Setting of credit or risk parameters for all programs impacting customers to ensure loss rates remain within risk appetite whilst the expected reward is achieved.
- Development of forecasting methodology to understand performance of various portfolios under stress.
- Continuously conducting and monitoring Champion/ Challenger tests so that our strategies are optimised to improve risk reward balance.
- Support the development of Credit Risk Appetite thresholds based on sound statistical reasoning.
- Engage with senior management in underwriting (1st and 2nd line) to support the development of solutions to optimise use of resources.
CX and Making More Possible
- Provide solutions to the business that enhance customer journey and improves business performance (both Point in Time and Through the Cycle).
- Ensuring all activities are aligned to the core values thereby ensuring fair treatment of all customers.
- Ensuring opportunities for CX enhancements are considered in all aspects of the role.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A degree/diploma or equivalent in an analytical or business related discipline
- 1+ years’ experience in Analysis
- Experience in the use of SQL or SAS
- Ability to drive insight from data, assess the commercial / financial impact and recommend actions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to translate insight into a coherent story that drives action
- Understanding of using model/score cards
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to self-motivate to achieve stretching personal and organisational goals
- Resilient and determined in achieving goals in an ever changing environment
- Sound analytical ability
- High standard of written and oral communication skills with the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels
- Tactful, determined and self-confident
- Ability to communicate complex information effectively
- Team Player
- Deliver at Pace
- Expect to Win
- Customer First
- Perform and Grow
- Transform and Innovate
Please ensure that all relevant details are included on the CV as only information provided will be used in the selection process.
£27,700 – £43,276 dependent upon previous experience.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing date for applications – 11.59pm on Tuesday 25 June 2019.