Excellent opportunity for an Experienced Credit Controller based in Dungannon.
Experienced Credit Controller Vacancy
Dungannon Credit Union wish to recruit a permanent full time Credit Controller to professionally and efficiently manage arrears for a growing loan book.
- To develop and maintain a structured and coherent credit control and debt recovery strategy.
- Ensure that contact and correspondence for all members is kept In line with procedure.
- Provide directors with a full, concise, monthly financial management reports on the delivery of the credit control administrative workload
Principal Duties & Key Responsibilities
- To oversee the credit control function within the Credit Union in timely pursuance of debt
- Carry out member reviews and record action required to recover debt
- Contact members for non-payment and delayed payment / Proactive collection of arrears & Bad Debt
- Arrears escalation and monitoring
- Negotiate repayment plans and monitor agreed repayments
- Follow credit control policy regarding legal action as appropriate
- Legal collection process – liaison with Small Claims, NI Court Service & legal representatives
- Preparing monthly reports for Board Meeting
- Support Back Office Function including processing Card / Bulk Payments
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to build strong effective relationships at all levels
- Attention to detail, accuracy & problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational and prioritising skills
- Effective Communication ability
- Ability to work as part of a team or on your own initiative
- Ability to manage conflict whilst remaining professional
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a credit control function
- Be able to demonstrate success in reducing arrears and Bad Debt
- Thorough understanding of the Insolvency process
- Working knowledge of debt litigation and small claims process with ability to represent in court.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths & English
- Proficient is use of MS Office especially Excel, Word & Outlook
- Full clean drivers Licence and access to a vehicle on appointment
Salary to be agreed with successful candidate (depending on experience)
Please forward Covering Letter & CV via the APPLY button below before 5pm on Wednesday 19th June 2019.
DCU is an equal opportunities employer