Excellent opportunity for a Cook based in Armagh.
Responsible to: Deputy Manager – Registered Manager
Purpose of Position:
- To prepare and cook a balanced, nutritious diet for elderly clients in residential care home setting.
- To be knowledgeable and uphold all relevant legislation pertaining to food storage, preparation, cooking and serving in order to maintain a controlled hygienic environment.
- To control systems of food allocation to minimise wastage.
- To supervise kitchen staff, and ensure the smooth running of the catering department.
- To control stock and purchases, manage food allocation and keep purchases of materials/food stock within allocated budgets.
- To prepare and cook balanced diets to meet clients individual needs e.g. special dietary requirements – diabetic, coaliac etc.
- Meet with residents on admission and discuss clients dietary needs, preferences etc.
- Attend mandatory training and any other training deemed necessary by management.
- To use kitchen equipment with due care and maintain it as specified by manufacturers.
- Be knowledgeable about Health & Safety Legislation, and ensure that tasks are risk assessed. Follow policies and procedures as advised and updated by management.
- Bring to the attention of management any required repairs, faults in fixtures, fittings and equipment etc.
- To ensure that all staff clean the kitchen after use and, that the environment is clean and tidy and in a hygienic state.
- Cooks are expected to present themselves in a clean uniform. Hats to be worn as per kitchen hygiene standards.
- Work rota is to be arranged and organised to fulfil requirements. The cook will check that the hours worked by kitchen staff are accurately recorded and that the administrator is notified of any changes to duty worked.
- To perform such other reasonable duties as may be required.
- Maintain confidentiality about clients and work related matters at Fairlawns.
- Ensure that money is collected from staff who order meals. Money is to be given to administrator.
Please click HERE to download Candidate Letter
Please click HERE to download Access NI