Excellent opportunity for Calibration / Metrology Technician based in Belfast.
Calibration / Metrology Technician
A valued and trusted partner to the world’s leading companies. We are committed to service excellence through our talented people who are empowered to be innovative and best in class.
Your Job Purpose
Working with the LotusWorks team you will be involved in process calibration, metrology and co-ordination of all activities.
- Complete scheduled calibrations as per client and LotusWorks procedures
- Identifies, investigates and manages new and advanced metrology and inspection technologies.
- Interact in a professional manner with client area owners and all client staff in order to get the preventative and corrective maintenance activities completed in a compliant and efficient manner.
- Plan equipment downtime where necessary due to on line calibrations, vendor’s availability to come to site etc.
- Follow all procedures with regard overdue / quarantined equipment to ensure compliance from a calibration department point of view.
- Follow calibration discrepancy procedures and follow up on items which you have calibrated and have escalated to a calibration discrepancy.
- Follow decommissioning procedures and follow up on items which you have tried to calibrate and have escalated to an unfixable situation.
- Get involved in continuous improvement suggestions for processes and calibration activities
- Assist EHSQ monthly audits and investigations as required
- Maintain all documentation in an organised and controlled manner in compliance with GAMP and FDA.
- Work with team personnel as required to facilitate calibration activities
- Degree level in instrumentation, metrology or mechatronics OR Qualified Craft Technician
- City & Guilds 225 Parts 1, 2 & 3, or Level 6 or higher in Industrial Automation & Controls, Applied Physics and Instrumentation, or Metrology.
- 2 years working experience in industry, preferably in a medical Device or relevant GMP manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and engineering documentation
- Excellent communicator.
- Capable of successfully working within a team while having the initiative to self-resolve issues.
- Literacy in Computer Operating Systems and applications such as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Life Assurance
- VHI Healthcare Cover
- Pension Contribution
- Training & Educational Assistance (Engineers Ireland CPD Members)
- Annual GP Check-Up
- Extra Annual Leave
- Healthcare Screening
Please click on the APPLY button below to be directed to our website.
LotusWorks is proud to be listed in the Best workplaces 2019
Empowering talent we care about for over 30 years
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer