Excellent opportunity for a Assistant General Manager based in Connswater Store
Assistant General Manager
Locations: Connswater Store
Salary: up to £22k
Details of the key job functions
What would you be doing?
As an Assistant Restaurant General Manager for KFC, you will assist the RGM in the day to day management and leadership of the team. You will supervise shifts to ensure that sales, profitability and standards are maximised and all Company policies and procedures are followed. You will proactively coach and support the team at all opportunities.
Key job functions include:
- Create a customer focused environment which is appealing to KFC’s diverse customer
- Manage all customer complaints in line with company policy, escalating issues to Area Coach, where appropriate.
- Assist the RGM in rigorous completion of period restaurant evaluation Action Plans, completing actions in a timely manner.
- Regularly review customer experience reports. Develop and communicate a period action plan, utilizing relevant company tools to ensure the restaurant is consistently achieving the company standard.
- Support and assist the RGM in follow up on any issues arising from EHO audits; following plan to ensure action is taken in a timely manner.
- Ensure that litter patrols are carried out as required on each shift
- Ensure that restaurant cleaning plan/rota is adhered to
- Through exceptional operational standards and a ‘maniacal’ approach to customer service, consistently seek to maximize the sales in your restaurant. Set and communicate Bold Sales Goals to the team, striving to consistently exceed sales targets.
- Understand your local competition and assist your RGM in increasing visibility within the local community to ensure awareness of any common issues, competitor activity or forthcoming events that may impact your business.
- Support and assist your RGM in Building Know How of surrounding KFC restaurants, sharing best practice across area and region.
- Develop a strong sales culture in your store, setting team members and
- team leaders clear sales targets for every shift.
- Manage team member incentives and drive regular recognition in store.
- Points of sale to be up to date at all times and team trained on all new products enabling them to drive sales.
- Support and assist your RGM in maximizing the profitability of the restaurant by understanding and controlling all restaurant costs (e.g. labour, food). Monitor daily, weekly and periodically to ensure alignment to AOP targets.
- Support and assist your RGM in the development of a strategy to maximize profitability of your restaurant, regularly reviewing and adapting in line with business needs. Accurately forecast sales and labour to reflect trends and promotions.
- Actively utilize system reports and company tools to guarantee 100% product availability, investigating and following up on all discrepancies.
- Assist the RGM in completing weekly labour schedules to ensure all shifts properly staffed/managed and ensures that labour costs are in-line with budget
- Complete all shift/daily paperwork and assist the RGM in the completion of the weekly and monthly paperwork
- Ensure that the correct level of supplies are ordered, deliveries checked and that stock levels are monitored on a daily and weekly basis and any discrepancies fully investigated and reported
- Ensure that the correct volume of product is prepared to meet the level of business and that the product control sheet is accurately maintained
- Ensure that all cash handling and in-store banking procedures are adhered to at all times
- Deputise for RGM when required, completing relevant tasks e.g.
- Accurately complete management schedules one month in advance and submit to Area Coach.
- Ensure that any problems that you cannot deal with are referred to the RGM or AC, if RGM unavailable
Details of the person brief
Who are we looking for?
Experience; Those who have previously joined us as Restaurant General Managers and Assistant General Managers have come from all kinds of backgrounds, from supermarkets and pubs, to high street retailers and banks. We look for pace of progression, breadth of exposure, tangible breakthrough results, ambition and a desire for career progression.
The Ideal candidate; will be an ambitious leader with a proven track record of:
- Driving sales growth
- Great passion and positive energy
- Quick career progression
- Strong retail management experience
- Positively impacting their business
- Commercial decision making successes
- Demonstrating a strong sales focus
- Understanding P&L
- Providing coaching and support to a diverse team
- Basic knowledge of disciplinary and grievance processes
- Fantastic people development
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Achieving great results in the right way
“After joining the company from University as a Restaurant General Manager I had total accountability for my own busy restaurant whilst also developing a great team. During my time in restaurant I received great rewards and recognition along with qualifying for a fantastic bonus scheme.
I have received lots of development throughout my career such as my coaching skills and leadership style so not only did I have the opportunity to be a great leader in my restaurant it also enabled me to progress into the role of Operations Implementation Manager within our Restaurant Support Centre which I’m in today. The sky is the limit for me at KFC!”
Natalie Jones, Operations Implementation Manager
What can we offer you?
Reward, progression and lots of recognition
A career with KFC offers much more than just fantastic earning potential. We reward hard work and achievement with amazing incentives and benefits, including;
- Competitive salary
- 25% staff discount
- Quarterly, performance-related bonus
- Comprehensive training
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution scheme
- Income protection scheme
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Childcare vouchers
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Increased holiday entitlement (dependent on years of service)
- Employee discount booklet
- Pick n Mix Benefits to convert them into your very own benefits plans that unique to you options including gym membership, health screening and travel insurance
KFC is also a very sociable company and we strive to incorporate our company value of fun whenever we can. Our teams regularly enjoy nights out with their colleagues- including pay day drinks and each year we organise a big Christmas party to celebrate the successes of the year.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward your CV
Closing date 31 May 2019