Assistant Bar Manager
Would you like to join the Team at the Titanic Hotel Belfast and continue to build and grow your career?
At Titanic Hotel Belfast, we look for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life; people who are always finding ways to make every guest’s experience an enjoyable one.
Titanic Hotel Belfast opened its doors for business in September 2017. This luxury 119 bedroom hotel is being created in the former headquarters of Harland & Wolff, builders of Titanic, and will provide the perfect destination for anyone travelling to Titanic Quarter on business or for pleasure. The Harland & Wolff Drawing Offices, the earliest parts of these historic buildings, date from the 1880s and over the following 100 years played an important part in the design of many of the world’s most famous ocean liners, the creation of the ‘floating hotel’ and influenced the design of many of today’s cruise ships. Belfast is the birthplace of Titanic and this heritage hotel will be a sister to our award-winning Titanic Hotel Liverpool. The hotel is being restored and operated by Harcourt Developments; an international property development company with over 50 years experience restoring and renovating listed heritage buildings.
What will I be doing?
An Assistant Bar Manager at the Titanic Hotel helps manages the busy Drawing Office Bar to offer a high quality, efficient beverage service that adds to a superior guest experience and is in accordance with licensing regulations associated with alcoholic beverages.
You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintain an effective bar service with an emphasis on high quality, efficient service.
- Check that Guest service standards are set, implemented and monitored, and continuously evaluated
- Set-up of the outlet in accordance with the pre-determined standards of the operation
- Comply with licensing regulations and hotel procedures relating to the bar and service of alcoholic beverages and conduct staff training sessions accordingly
- Demonstrate a perfect knowledge of all beverages served in the bar, how beverages are prepared (to recipe) and presented, and how Bar personnel are trained to possesss this knowledge and the application of it
- Ensure compliance with and the proper training of Team Members so that all Company Health and Safety, and Fire Regulations and procedures are applied
- Ensure all Team Members are impeccably presented and adhere to the correct uniform standards
- Evaluate the performance of the Team ensuring the highest standards of service are given at all times
- Deal with sudden staff shortages through absenteeism and report all absences according to Company Attendance Procedures
- Adhere to the Company disciplinary policy when necessary
- Complete all necessary administration in accordance with Company procedures relating to all staff members
- Produce effective revenue forecasting, as per timelines, and communicate forecasts to the Food and Beverage office
- Maximise revenue and increase average spend per person through upselling, high customer service standards, effective training and motivational techniques
- Assist work with Food and Beverage Cost Control to ensure stock takes are carried out in a timely manner and to ensure food and beverage cost control targets are maintained
- Meet or exceed the monthly drink profit margin target
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Bar Manager is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Customer Service experience in supervisory or above capacity ideally in a similar environment
- A warm personality, attentive and smartly presentable
- An ability to listen and respond to demanding Guest needs
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- A medium level of IT proficiency is required
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in similar role in a busy bar environment
- Minimum of 2 years experience
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of Guest service
Titanic Hotel Belfast is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.