Excellent opportunity for an administration assistant.based in Belfast.
Administrative Assistant (Academic Registry)
An Administrative Assistant is required to work as a member of the Academic Registry Office to assist with the administration of the recruitment, admission and registration of students.
Tenure: This is a fixed term post until 31st October 2019
Salary: Grade 4 points 14-19, currently £20,836 – £24,029 gross per annum
Hours: 20 hours per week Monday to Friday from 10.00am – 2.00 pm. Alternative hours may be considered subject to the operational needs of the service being met.
Responsibilities and duties will include the following:
- To process course applications in line with established procedures and protocols.
- To support the Academic registrar and Administrative Officers in maintaining admission records including relevant filing systems.
- To maintain and update databases which have been developed to support the admissions process.
- To process criminal record checks through the relevant agency and ensure that guidelines and procedures are updated as advised by the Academic Registrar.
- To support the registration of students and assist with the maintenance of the College student records systems.
- To deal with incoming queries from applicants, students and third parties and if necessary seek advice prior to responding or pass to appropriate staff to deal with.
- To deal courteously and professionally with enquiries and offer appropriate guidance and advice to students in line with Admissions Policies and Procedures.
- To occasionally undertake receptionist duties at Reception to include answering calls using the switchboard.
- To assist with the marketing of programmes in the preparation of promotional activities and advisory material.
- To develop knowledge and skills through continuous professional development.
- To support the effective building of positive relationships both internally and externally.
- To provide support and cover for other team members in Academic Registry during times of challenging workloads and absence.
- To undertake all work in compliance with College policies and regulations and to ensure at all times to promote equality of opportunity and non-discrimination in accordance with the College’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To comply with staff responsibilities under the College Health and Safety Policy
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time arise.
Download an information pack by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below for more information about the role, selection criteria and an application form.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12.00 noon on Wednesday 26th June 2019
St Mary’s University College is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community, particularly those with a disability. Members of the Protestant community are currently under-represented among the staff. Therefore, applications from this section of the community are particularly welcome.