Thompson Aero Seating are now recruiting for a Quality Inspector to join their growing quality department.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Inspector will be responsible for inspection and conformance to design of production and maintenance activities.
- Inspects parts, assemblies and finished products to drawings and specifications.
- Follows general inspection guidelines to conduct critical non-routine visual, dimensional, mechanical and functional inspections on a wide variety of components, assemblies, equipment, systems, supplies and materials.
- Inspect and check aircraft components for airworthiness and correct manufacture
- Inspect purchased parts and materials for conformity to standards, specifications, and processing requirements.
- Conduct first article inspection of parts, assemblies, equipment and tooling.
- Maintain necessary inspection logs and write inspection reports.
- Submit recommendations to resolve recurring deficiencies found during inspections.
- Interpret inspection findings and determine adequacy of corrective actions.
- Provide training as required to address deficiencies identified during audits/inspections.
- Identify Continuous improvement opportunities and progress related actions
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, you will be expected to perform varying tasks as required by your line manager & the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- The applicant must have good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Possess strong computer skills to include developing documents in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Have experience using calibrated inspection measurement tools such as micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Must be proficient in the understanding of machining, CNC and CMM methods/processes.
- Must be capable of communicating quality and engineering criteria/issues to all levels of factory employees.
- Must be able to read and perform inspections using the assembly instructions and engineering drawings. This will require a basic understanding of reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Have awareness of how to conduct First Article Inspections.
- Able to read and interpret drawings, and service bulletins.
• Willing to work additional hours as necessary, while adhering to strict regulatory specifications and guidance
- Possible two-shift pattern – early and late
- Ability to set work independently, or as part of a team, with minimum of supervision.
How to apply:
- Please submit your application form via the links below
- 31 May 2019
- Thompson Aero Seating is an equal opportunity employer