Excellent opportunity for a Warehouse Operative based in Ballynure
Warehouse Operative (Part Time)
Job ref: WGWH/04/19
Job type: Permanent
Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Department: Woodside Global
Shift:Part Time – 3 days per week (Applicants must be fully flexible.)
- Responsible for day to day warehouse duties.
- Responsible for all equipment used both inside warehouses and in the yard
- Secure strapping of loads by use of internal cargo straps or additional strapping where required
Duties include (but not limited to)
- Ensure all consignments are both loaded and unloaded safely onto containers & vehicles, and inbound and outbound trailers.
- Ensure all vehicle and trailers are loaded to the legal specifications including axle and gross weights.
- Ensure warehouses and yard are kept tidy at all times.
- Make sure all Health and Safety regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure all loading lists / manifests are completed for all relevant vehicles / trailers / containers being dispatched.
- Make sure all outbound manifests are completed signed off and forwarded to the relevant office personnel.
- Responsible for keeping pallets tidy and to a minimum on site. Liaise with the Warehouse Manager on any other queries that may arise day to day.
- Ensure all inbound containers / trailers / trucks are managed and off loaded in a timely and safe manner.
- Ensure all outbound containers / trailers / trucks are managed and loaded in a timely and safe manner.
- Whilst lashing and securing flat racks, all necessary precautions should be taken to ensure that the health and safety of everyone directly or indirectly involved is not compromised.
- Responsible for all aspects of security both in the warehouse and in the yard, including opening and closing shutters on your shift.
- Liaise with Warehouse Manager on any issues with individual staff members regarding damage to freight / personal possessions / premises or vehicles.
- Make sure all equipment used both inside warehouse and in the yard, is used both correctly and safely and ongoing training given were necessary.
- Previous experience of working in a warehouse operation.
- Valid Forklift License (Refreshed within the last 3 years).
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately complete documentation.
- Previous experience lashing and securing loads.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Problem solving
Stage 1 – Application sifting based on the above criteria
Stage 2 – Practical competency assessment
Stage 3 – Competency based interview
Candidates will be expected to pass each stage to progress to the next stage in the recruitment process
- Competitive hourly rate
- Fully funded health care cash plan
- Long service recognition
- Employee recognition scheme
- Continuous personal development
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing date : Wednesday 24th April 2019