Excellent opportunity for a Visitor Reception Team Leader based in Belfast
Visitor Reception Team Leader
CONTRACT: Permanent Full Time – Annualised Hours
HOURS: 40 per working week – must be flexible to work daytime, evening and weekends
LOCATION: Titanic Belfast Building
REPORTING TO: Visitor Reception Manager (VRM)
As a passionate service enthusiast, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading and ensuring the Crew engage and deliver excellent customer service and presentation within the Visitor Reception Department. The Team Leader will be calm under pressure and assist in maintaining an enthusiastic, motivated and organised crew.
They will assist and support the Visitor Reception Manager in managing the day to day operations of the department, ensuring compliance with Company Policies, including adherence to all Finance and Cash Handling Policies.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Visitor Reception Manager, the Team Leader will support the Visitor Reception crew daily, ensuring they are motivated to provide a 5* Customer Service to visitors.
- When required and on a rotational basis, manage the day to day running of the Visitor Reception Department, ensuring all crew are always engaged and delivering 5* service, deal with customer ticketing complaints, only escalating to Visitor Reception or Duty Manager if necessary.
- Assume the role of Tango (Duty Manager Ticketing) on a rotational basis. This requires the individual to be responsible for the daily operation of the department with support from Alpha (Duty Manager Visitor Attraction) where required.
- Assist in managing the staff rota in line with operational and budgetary requirements.
- To ensure the Visitor Reception area is presented to the highest standards. It must be kept clean, tidy and adequately stocked with maps/till roll/change/POS and any other items essential to daily operations.
- Attend the daily brief. Communicate important information from the brief to Ticketing staff, and ensure shift patterns, breaks and specific duties are allocated to all crew.
- Maintain an extremely high level of financial accuracy with regards to all sales associated with the department.
- Organise and process ticket sales, including refunds, discounts, voids etc.
- Ensure cash drops, change orders and till reconciliations are dealt with securely and efficiently in accordance with company guidelines
- Ensure that all pre-opening/open and end of day checks and tasks are completed daily, enabling timely operations of the ticketing kiosks.
- Ensure all cash floats are checked and tills/ till areas are equipped for the day’s trading, adhering to the relevant company policies
- Close the ticketing kiosks, ensuring all tills are cashed up, with any variances recorded in line with the company policy.
- Motivate the team to upsell premium products and add-on sales.
- Training new Crew joining the team in line with Company and Departmental Policy.
- Compile the daily debrief report and escalate any issues to the Visitor Reception Manager.
- Deal with any staff compliance, staff conduct or welfare issues. Escalate to Visitor Reception Manager or Duty Manager (if appropriate) in a timely manner.
- To report for duty on time and in the correct uniform and groomed to accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Compliance with all overall company and departmental specific Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Proactive and positive approach to embracing organisational Health and Safety culture.
- Any other duties as delegated by the Visitor Reception Manager or any other person designated in their absence.
- The above reflects the main elements associated with this position. It is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
- Essential Criteria
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above
- A minimum of one year’s previous supervisory experience.
- Experience in a fast-paced customer focused role
- Ability to supervise and work as part of a busy team, using your own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels – with visitors, crew and management
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Adaptable and can respond quickly to a dynamic environment
- Remains calm in high pressure environments
- Previous cash handling experience
- Competent in the use of information technology including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Internet Explorer and Outlook)
- Previous experience in a tourism/ visitor attraction environment
- Key Competencies
- Commercial awareness
- Customer orientation
- Safety focus
- Team work
- Analysis and judgement
NB: Titanic Belfast reserves the right to enhance the selection criteria if necessary, to assist with shortlisting.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9:00am on Thursday 25th April 2019. Applications will only be accepted via company application forms. If you wish to apply for the position, please click on the APPLY NOW button below. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
Please note for applicants successful at the shortlisting stage the following date will apply for interview and assessment: Tuesday 30th April 2019
Titanic Belfast Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer