Excellent opportunity for a UX Designer / Product Owner based in Belfast Titanic Quarter
UX Designer / Product Owner
Belfast Titanic Quarter
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with strong skills in design and User Experience to join an exciting and expanding business. My Baggage (previously Uni Baggage) is changing the way people move abroad, making it easier for them to take the things they care about with them, whether for a job abroad or to travel or study. We are looking for someone who wants to make their mark and help grow the business even further. You will have control over the design requirements and will be working with the development team and report to the managing director.
We are looking for an ambitious individual to join our team who is fanatical about design. You will shape the face of My Baggage in terms of its brand and online appearance, focusing on the UX of mybaggage.com. You will own the product and will work to ensure brand consistency across all channels; web, email and aiding marketing/SEO teams.
- A well-rounded UX/UI professional who connects the dots between business needs, innovation and good design.
- Experienced at driving a user experience from start-to-finish that delivers results, connects emotionally.
- Obsessed with good user-centered design practices and have an eye for detail.
- Experienced at creating and revising information architecture documents and diagrams including but not limited to: content diagrams, content maps, wire frame diagrams, comprehensive diagrams and static prototypes.
- Passionate about understanding (and keeping the team and clients in formed about) current and emerging UX/UI trends.
- Fluent in responsive design, mobile/tablet UI UX
- 3 – 5 years of UX design experience (and the portfolio to prove it) as a key, hands-
- on interaction/visual designer of a UI/UX team through the product development
- cycle of successfully launched web, mobile, and/or software applications.
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in Human Computer Interaction,
- Digital Media Design, Fine Arts or related field is desired.
- Impeccable skills visual and motion design preferred.
- The UX designer reports to the Managing Director and is responsible for:
- Performing competitive analysis and research for projects.
- Researching and analyzing industry UX/UI trends and competitor sites and strategies.
- Create and revise information architecture documents and diagrams including but not limited to: content diagrams, content maps, wire frame diagrams, comprehensive diagrams and static prototypes.
- Directing ongoing usability testing and assessment.
- Complete information architecture and interface development processes for new production projects including site map, wire frame layout and template development/testing (browser and platform compatibility)
- Participating in key internal meetings including weekly status updates and planning sessions.
- Documenting ongoing progress, code migrations and status on work assignments
- in Basecamp/Slack (or similar project management software) and communicates these updates during daily status.
- Conduct & Facilitate requirements, design, and implementation reviews.
- Review user adoption of deliverables and acceptance testing.
- Create designs for internal teams, such as marketing to keep brand consistent
- HTML email design (transaction email and marketing)
- Open to working on the design of any other materials across the business, such as marketing materials.
- Knowledge WordPress – editing/updating themes and HTML
- Knowledge of .net, PHP and/or C++
- Github and/or repository experience
Excellent benefits package: Bonus, New Device (PC/Mac), Flexitime, Pension, Remote working, Cycle to Work, Stocked Kitchen.
Competitive Salary; £30,000-£40,000 DOE
To apply please click on APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website