Excellent opportunity for a Transport Manager ( home based )
Working from Home
The ideal candidate will have an excellent geographical knowledge of UK/Ireland and should have at least 2 years’ experience in a busy planning office.
Excellent Salary for the right candidate
This role is a critical role within a rapidly growing business. The person will be responsible for coordinating and planning all transport and logistics needs.
- Full management of customer collections, planning routes, shipping’s, communication of expected delivery times and managing drivers.
- Dealing with all deviations to plans and putting in place effective remedial actions to ensure high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure full compliance with Operators Licence and all legislative requirements.
- Liaise with customers to ensure collection and delivery bookings are achievable
- Allocate appropriate drivers, vehicles and trailers to individual jobs in an efficient manner to meet the customer’s requirements while maintaining focus on minimising costs.
- Regularly monitor progress of each driver to ensure the timely and efficient collection and delivery of the loads.
- Continually update customers of changes and delays
- Allocate equipment to specific shipping routes ensuring that the customers’ requirements are met while minimising shipping costs.
- Answer telephone calls in a quick and polite manner.
- Organise vehicle serving in line with Licence requirements
- Cover all Transport Manager duties governed by operator licence
- Report any customer complaints or complaints of any type to the Managing Director
- All other reasonable duties as directed by the Managing Director
- CPC qualification
- Be flexible and respond positively and reliably to customer requests.
- Good numerical and analytical skills with strong attention to detail to ensure documentation is correct and error free.
- Must have experience of working in a Transport environment and full knowledge of Transport legislation.
- Must be an effective communicator and be able to develop good working relationships at all levels.
- Comfortable working in a pressurised environment and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work to deadlines with a flexible approach
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV