Excellent opportunity for Shop Manager based in Newcastle.
Post Title: Shop Manager (Part-time – 21 hrs. per week – Flexibility required)
Employer: Concern Worldwide (NI)
Reports to: Retail Development Manager
Direct reports: None
While the post holder has no staff direct reports, they have supervisory responsibility for the shop volunteer team
- Shop Committee
- Shop Volunteers
- Supporter Care team
- Community Fundraising team
Based At: 1 Newcastle Shopping Centre, Newcastle Co. Down.
Start date: As soon as possible following appointment
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To be responsible for all aspects of managing the shop, including recruiting and leading the volunteer team in order to maximize the income generated for Concern’s work. You will be instrumental in making sure the shop is at the hub of the local community, acting as the face of Concern Worldwide and raising public awareness of our campaigns.
Income and Profit
- Manage all aspects of shop operations in order to achieve and exceed shop income targets and all retail KPI’s
- Foster a creative and entrepreneurial environment to maximise income in new and innovative ways
- Lead and motivate the volunteer team in maintaining links with the local community and generate additional income
- Recruit, develop and retain a diverse volunteer team, to maximise the shop’s income and profitability
- Develop and implement a volunteer rota to maximise the shop’s opening hours and ensure the store operates efficiently and effectively, ensuring the shop is open and managed by the volunteer team in the manager’s absence
- Provide ongoing training and support for the shop volunteers
- Lead and inspire the shop team to provide an excellent customer and donor experience
- Ensure volunteers promote seasonal/topical retail initiatives and Concern UK appeals and campaigns
Stock & Shop Floor Management
- Set exceptionally high standards of shop cleanliness, display and visual merchandising, including shop windows, while ensuring shop volunteer team take on similar tasks
- Establish and maintain efficient and commercially successful stock processing systems, including; pricing, quality standards, stock density and stock flow to the shop floor
- Plan and implement on-going and seasonal stock donation appeals to ensure high levels of good quality stock at all times
Health and Safety, Compliance and Reporting
- Assist the Retail Development Manager in ensuring volunteers are fully trained in all shop related policies and procedures and that relevant training records are kept up to date
- Provide a safe and healthy working environment and report any H&S issues to the Retail Development Manager
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements regarding donated stock
Working for Concern
- Play a key role in enabling the shop team to represent Concern and increase the knowledge of the local community about Concern’s work
- Ensure the integration of the shop into the local community with the shop volunteers
This role requires you to take a hands-on approach to the running of the store and this includes the continuous manual handling of stock on a daily basis. This, in turn, requires a reasonable level of fitness to undertake all daily tasks.
To apply please click the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to our website.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 09.00am on 24th April 2019