Excellent opportunity for a Shipping and Trade Compliance Supervisor based in Kilkeel
JOB TITLE: Shipping and Trade Compliance Supervisor
RESPONSIBLE TO: Logistics & Trade Compliance Manager
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week. The post holder may be required at times to work outside his/her normal working hours for the effective performance of the duties of the post.
2 Moor Road
The successful candidate will manage the day to day activities of the transport department, liasing with freight providers to ensure effective transportation planning. The role will also provide effective management of trade compliance procedures to meet appropriate government and international regulations.
- Provide leadership and direction to shipping and trade compliance teams
- Ensure that all Health and Safety standards and requirements are met
- Ensure performance delivery against key departmental targets/metrics.
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Lead departmental operational & admin resource to meet company revenue and customer On Dock commitment’s
- Coordinate delivery of all orders with appointed freight company’s
- Manage freight spend against department budgets/forecasts
- Support management of department suppliers in line with SLA’s
- Focus on process improvements to drive resource efficiencies and cost reductions
- Ensure that all department processes and KPI’s are updated
- Maintenance of Suppliers invoicing process
- Demonstrate focus on the quality of work produced by Shipping and Trade Compliance teams
- Maintain an effective internal Trade Compliance audit program including KPI’s
- Forming and maintaining relationships with appropriate government regulators
- Ensure 3rd party customs declarations comply with HMRC rules.
- Completion of internal/external brokerage audits in line with department SOP’s
- Support all internal/external customs compliance audits.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Support the WAR process in both areas
- Any other delegated tasks
- Hold a Third level qualification in Logistics, Supply Chain or Business
- Have at least 3 years experience in working within global shipping and/or international trade – at least 1 years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Demonstrate knowledge of Incoterms, Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) and Inward Processing Relief (IPR) regimes.
- Demonstrate previous experience working with export and import regulations
- Proficient in use of IT packages, including MS Office
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrate leadership skills/behaviours.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate adaptability and personal resilience in an ever changing work environment.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Please note the closing date for receipt of online applications is Friday 26th April 2019 at midnight.