The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the design and development of the Cayan Payment Processing Gateway and other server-side products. The Senior Software Engineer will develop primarily on C# on the .Net platform.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the design and development of the Cayan Payment Processing Gateway and other server-side products. The Senior Software Engineer will develop primarily on C# on the .Net platform. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for utilizing a variety of transport and wire protocols to integrate capabilities to our payment partner’s systems.
- Understand customer needs, problems, and expectations and take action to meet customers’ needs
- Use and apply C#, database technologies and web technologies to build server-side products
- Develop new ways to simplify or in other ways to improve the method in which a task is done.
- Identify problems, issues, collect and integrate information from a variety of sources to establish a course of action and communicate the issue and solutions clearly and concisely.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure that deliverables are technically accurate and useful in a timely manner
- Identify critical activities & tasks on projects, contribute beyond assigned tasks; adjusts priorities when appropriate
- Convert concepts and plans into work procedures and carry out group plans efficiently and according to plan.
- Work with other departments to acquire/disseminate information in a timely manner.
- Analyze problems from a practical point of view and evaluate ideas and suggestions so that the team can make balanced decisions
- Contribute to project success by providing ideas, strategies, improving communication among team members and executing decisions.
- Assist in project management activities: Estimation, Scheduling, Planning, Tracking progress
- Assist with software deployment activities to our production data center
- Assist with training, motivating, mentoring and serve as mentor to others on the team.
- Assists with hiring (Interviewing, Phone Screens).
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field or commercial experience of developing in C#, Java or any other OO programming language.
- Experience in server product development
- Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design and related areas
- An understanding of database design and development
- Expected to be self-starters who can operate well under a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, and able to work well under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Good problem-solving and excellent communication skills are a must, along with the items described in the lists below
- Eligibility to work in the UK on a full time and permanent basis.
- Experience in a senior role on software development teams
In addition to a very competitive salary we also provide an excellent benefits package including: free car parking, private medical care, health cash plan, contributory pension, life insurance, income protection and free subscription with Belfast Bikes.
You also get to work in an award winning office and enjoy 25 days annual leave + 10 public holidays in addition to many other little perks such as lunch every other Friday, fresh fruit and more.
Have a look at how we work; tsys.com/belfast